Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Built in best friends.

How did I get so lucky?
My entire life, I've been known as #2. I am the second of four girls, and man did I hit the jackpot when I was born into this amazing family. My sisters and I are all pretty close in age and extremely close in life. Whenever I tell people we have 4 girls in our family, I usually get the standard "What? No boys? Your poor dad!" But minus the minimal bathroom time, my dad has it pretty good!
Daddy and his 4 girls. Circa 1992.
Growing up, we never really needed that many other friends, because we always had eachother. And when there's 4 of you, you always have someone to shop with, go to the movies with, or go eat out with. You've got options, and you're never alone! We are always there for eachother no matter what we're going through, and we've always got the biggest cheering section wherever we go.
All the girls at grandma's house. Circa 2002.
One of the best things about having so many sisters is that we have so much fun together. When we all get together, it's usually for some good ol' fashion girl talk which inevitably leads to lots of laughter. All of my favorite memories in life include all 3 of these gorgeous girls and I'm happiest when we are all together.
The girls at the Bridge of Sighs in Venice, Italy. 2008. 
In addition to my amazing sisters, we are blessed with the best mom on the planet. A lot of times when we are all out together, people think she's a sister too! Although not one of us got her blonde hair and blue eyes. This of course means we get to hear the "milk man" joke a bajillion times, only it wasn't ever really funny because when we were little, my dad was the mik man! 
We got it from our mama! Mom & girls, summer 2010.
Everyday I thank God for giving me these girls. When people do double takes and ask "are you sisters?" I beam with pride when I say "yes we are!" and then it always turns into the guessing game...which one is older? (and for the record, people always think I am the youngest, when in fact I am second oldest!) And when people call our house and try to guess which girl they are talking to, they rarely get it on the first try. It usually takes a good 3 or 4 guesses to get it right. It makes me laugh.
Me and my girls.
These girls are my world and I'd do anything for any one of them. My entire life, I've always been surrounded by so much love and I am so thankful for that. I love our big family and it just keeps on getting bigger!
My family. 
Hope you are all having a wonderful week!

23 comments:

  1. SO fun to all be sisters! sisterhood is such a gift. this is lovely. and you are all so STUNNING! love the venezia picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous family!!!! That is so awesome how close y'all are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sisters are gorgeous! Your mom is beautiful, too! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to have all those sisters! It's awesome you all are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family! You and your sisters look a lot alike!!

    I always wished I had a sister. It'd be fun to have a special friend like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful sisters! I'm an only child and I always wished I had sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO fun to have 3 other sisters that close in age to be friends with!!! I have two (way) younger sisters, one is 8 and the other is 11. It's still fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Y'all are gorgeous! I grew up with two brothers - no sisters! I do wish I had at least one sister though! Very nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo fun, what an awesome post. If I was your mom or sisters I'd cry for SURE!

    Love this

    My family is huge too but we aren't that close and its sad. Everyone lives in a different city. :(

    Tab

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first picture is the cutest thing ever!!! LOVE IT! And I LOVE your awesome family. I hope all your great sisters read this!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ladies are beautiful!! I have two sisters and they are my best friends as well!! Don't know what I would do without them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your sister post, and thanks for the comment on mine :) you and your sisters are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have a beautiful family and you are sooo blessed to have that many sisters/friends... I have one sister of my own and she definitely is my best friend.. I couldn't imagine 2 more!! And your parents are too cute, loved the corny joke!! Loved your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww! This is such a sweet post. You have such a beautiful family! I am very envious of your sisters. I am the middle child with two brothers; There are a lot of perks to being the only girl, but I've always wished for a sister. I'm holding out for a fantastic sister-in-law these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy you found my blog!! Which helped me find yours :)

    What a wonderful post. I am an only child, so my life was 100% completely opposite of everything you described here. It's so wonderful that you have your sisters ANY day you need them. You all are so gorgeous!! A wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a gorgeous family! you are so lucky to have three other sisters and be close with them, such a source of joy in your life i can tell

    ReplyDelete
  17. how awesome that you have such a wonderful relationship with your sisters!! I've always wanted a sister

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and your sisters are beautiful! Check out my page you have an award coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful family!! Sister love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You really are blessed! I've always envied families that have a bunch of girls. Not that I'm complaining at all about mine, I am so glad I have my sister and bro but it would have been so much fun growing up with more than one sister around to hang out with especially when my sister moved to Germany in the air force and then to California. Miss her like crazy! You have such a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful family!! I grew up an only child so I'm envious you have THREE sisters! I could only imagine all the girl talk and endless supply of cute outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great posting and pictures! Love you all,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  23. hey girl! thanks for following along on Lulu B! I was just catching up on your blog and I'm loving your amaze job.. and the fact that you are one of four girls! I can totally relate- I'm the oldest of three! We get the 'your poor dad' all the time! He wouldn't have it any other way though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!