Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Classics.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a summer kind of girl. But now that fall is upon us, I've decided to do one of those "things I love about fall" posts to show my appreciation for the recent change in weather.
The changing colors of the leaves (so cliche, but how can you deny the refreshing change in shrubbery?)
Hot apple cider
Decorating for Halloween (we're talking skeletons, headstones, purple lights & pumpkins galore. It's the Fiance's favorite holiday, so we go all out)
Playoff baseball
Any wonderful smelling candle with "spice" in its name
Carving pumpkins & baking the pumpkin seeds
Sitting by the fire (a cozy fireplace is my #1 requirement when I buy a home)
Watching one of my favorite movies, "Hocus Pocus" every other night
Going to Apple Hill to pick apples (I've only done it once, but it was great)
Ellen's Halloween episode (her costume is always hilarious!)
Ugg boots & sweats (if I could live in sweats, I would)
The sound of football on Sunday mornings
Family time (I could never get enough of this!)
Scouting a new haunted house to go to every year
There's candy everywhere! (reese's peanut butter pumpkins, anyone?)

Food for thought: Something I don't love about fall: candy corn. These weird little things freak me out. What are they, any way? 
Fall is such a colorful time of year. I'm glad it's finally here! 
What are some of your favorite fall features?

12 comments:

  1. Love your post. Fall is nice until you have to rake all those leaves. See how I look at things differently. :)
    Enjoy your favorite things especially your family.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is awesome. LOVE your list especially since your blog is SO colorful & creative--love how you changed the color letters & used different sizes. You will be a famous blogger soon enough--it's already SO fun to see what you will be writing each day...SO I'm excited that I get to start reading from the beginning. Oh, and Apple Hill is the best part of fall--LOVE the pies, doughnuts, & prettiness of everything there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe I LOVE FALL AND WINTER! I am opposite of you...I love winter more than summer :) Don't hate! I love to snowboard! And I too would live in sweats and Ugg's if I could :) How fun I want to decorate for Halloween now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost prefer fall leaves to spring flowers. I'm really torn about which I like more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be a summer kind of girl but now I'm really into fall...maybe it's because Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and the coming of cooler weather. My family watches Hocus Pocus every Halloween...love that movie as well. Lovely blog, I'm following. Hope you can stop by soon.

    xo
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so with you on being a summer girl. I never wanted it to end this year :(

    However, I do appreciate a lot of the things you've listed here. A big one being "Hocus Pocus". I love that movie! Used to watch it on repeat every October of every year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post!
    Defnitely appreciate some candy corn, and sitting by the fire with my fiance :)

    I am definitely with you! Total Summer girl! Its a good thing you live in san fran where its not miserably cold very often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am LOVING this post! I love all things fall :) It has slowly become one of my favorite seasons! I like your blog, I'm a new follower. I can't wait to continue to read more! PS I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. While everyone else is going apple picking, my apple tree now only bears the few last fruit for the season. The weather has really confused the poor tree - we had so many of apples during summer! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hocus Pocus is one of my fave movies! I have it on dvd and watch it every October. Thanks for reminding me that it's time to break it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these! Great classics. I've always thought candy corn was really really gross! Adorable blog, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, I HATE CANDY CORN!!!! I don't get it either.

    Love this post though...it just needs to start feeling like Fall here in FL! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!