Saturday, October 8, 2011

A fun run.

Very rarely will I ever use the words fun and run in the same sentence.
And in all honesty, it was more like a jog/walk. But this morning my sisters, my brother-in-law, my mom & I all ran the Hot Pink 5k to raise money for breast cancer research.

Nellie, Pixie, mom, me, Bryan & Shawna all gear up for the run.
It was the most beautiful fall morning you could ask for, and the turn out was amazing! Our grandma is a breast cancer survivor, so we do anything we can to support the cause
Nellie & Mom near the finish line!
It feels good to get out in the sun, get some exercise, join the community and do some good all at the same time. Plus, I love spending time with my awesome family. 

Bryan, me & Pixie happy to be done!
Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

15 comments:

  1. You all look great. Where was Corey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great time, and its great your grandma is a survivor! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma and mother-in-law are both survivors!!! :) I love and go to the relay for life almost every year! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is really cute steph! good luck with it :) that's awesome that you ran in that 5k! it's such a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flying all the way just to see you and say hello...and wish you all the best for this new week. Great post! Visit me too. Good night, wonderful dreams…
    Greeting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great way to spend the weekend. Congrats to grandma, too!! She's an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're great! :) Fun run, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great cause! i want to do the avon 3 day walk when it comes to sf

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw, this looks like so much fun, and for such a great cause. i've always wanted to do something like this before!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed it! I don't think I'd ever use fun and run in the same sentence either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the hot pink and the great cause!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your sweet comment! This looks like a great time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, I love anything that helps such a great cause! Every year we have a 5k run here, I have never done it, but i'm thinking this year, i'm going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job, Steph! Love the pictures! Looks like a fun weekend with your awesome family! How is wedding planning going? ps: I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo cute! Btw who didn't have a legit IM name! Ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!