Thursday, October 27, 2011

Haunted House 2011.

Halloween is almost here!
Halloween is my fiance's favorite holiday of the year. More than Christmas, more than Thanksgiving, more than the 4th of July. He loves the ghosts and goblins and horror movies, so I have come to love the scary stuff too. Every year, going all the way back to when we first started dating in high school, Corey and I have gone to a different haunted house for Halloween. Corey hardly ever gets scared, so every year it's quite a challenge to find a haunted house that has what it takes to make the man jump. This year, we went to one of Northern California's most popular haunted houses, the Pirates of Emerson.
This place is awesome! They completely take over about an acre of the fairgrounds, and they do a great job with the decorations. It's very dark, very creepy, and all the scary costumed workers that walk around and stalk people stay in character so well. One "dead" pirate looked at me, then looked up at Corey, and in a perfect pirate voice said "How much fer thee lady?" and Corey promptly responded "she's not for sale." How sweet.
This place was more than just a haunted house you walk through once and you're out. In addition to 5 different themed haunted houses, there was a corn maze, a "carn-evil" with fun games, a creepy pumpkin patch, a strobe light maze (which made me a tiny bit nauseous), and of course, the poop deck (aka the bathrooms!).
Our scared faces.
For years, when we would walk through haunted houses, Corey would point out every person that was about to pop out before they had half a chance to scare me, so I never got any good scream-worthy scares. The last few years, I told Corey to let them scare me, so I go first, hands firmly fixed in front of my face (as if they're going to hit me or something), and I scream my little heart out. I'm not sure why we like the feeling of being scared so much, but these haunted houses are quite a thrill!
Corey loves Pirates. I'm convinced he was one in another lifetime.
This was fun. Although quite creepy looking.
Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween weekend! Watch Hocus Pocus & eat lots of candy :)

13 comments:

  1. I have never been to a haunted house but i want to soooooo bad!!!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh! I can't handle those ...whatsoever! But i must say! that picture of you is creepy! lol you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cover my face the whole time too! I usually hate scary stuff but haunted houses are the best kind of scary.. I loved the movie Hocus Pocus! They used to play it all the time on Disney channel growing up. Takes me back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good time! I'm going to this on Saturday night so i'll make sure to have some candy and screams for you- Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so fun! I love Halloween, I'm sad it's almost over already

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love haunted houses - so much fun. But I love that last picture of you even more!! It made me giggle.

    I just realized I never was following you!! Whaaat? Or If I was, somehow I stopped. I was adding my favorite reads to my blog and I was looking for yours and couldn't find you. I thought, surely when I click "follow" it's going to tell me I'm already following..but nope. I feel like a terrible blog friend now. But, just so we're clear, I'm OFFICIALLY following you. Haha.

    Hope you've had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun, I can't do scary though I'm a wuss, ha.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I have to agree; We love scary movies & haunted houses but I don't understand either why we like being scared! We got ready for halloween this year by watching paranormal activity for the first time. It creeped me out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry, I'd be a bit of a scaredy cat in a place like that so you're braver than me for going in first! I can't even watch a horror movie without covering my eyes. Hi!! I am your newest follower, found you whilst hopping around and I love your header! We visited SF 5 years ago (wow that went fast!) and loved it! About to go read your Keith Urban post now seeing as he's a fellow Aussie :)
    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have a heart attack if I ever had the never to even go to the front entrance of this terrifying place. Glad you guys enjoyed it though. Keep the posts coming...LOVE them all. Happy Halloween. What are you guys dressing up as?

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Oh and I love that last picture. Happy Halloween to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although Christmas is my favorite holiday I do love Halloween! I love having any excuse to dress up as something :) Love your blog I gave you an award on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you look so skinny in that last photo! :) Hahahaha! What a fun way to celebrate Halloween. It's my favorite holiday too! We had a costume party on Saturday night and our house is going to be covered in fake cobwebs and spiders and eyeballs for weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!