Thursday, October 13, 2011

Miss Marisa.

Today is both an extraordinarily exciting and a strikingly sad day. 
One of my very best friends and favorite co-workers, Marisa, just landed her dream job as a weekend sports anchor and reporter for a local station in good ol' Rhinelander, Wisconsin. Today is her last day at work. I am so unbelievably proud of her for following her dream, excited for the adventure she has ahead, and selfishly sad to see her go. 
Marisa and I in the edit bay at work.
I met Marisa even before we worked together in the press box at an Oakland Raiders game. At the time, I was just an intern at the local ABC affiliate, and she was a field producer for NBC. The second I saw her, I knew she was someone I would enjoy talking to. And the second she opened her mouth, I hoped that some day we would be friends. I never imagined I would get so lucky a few years down the road...
Marisa walked through the doors of Comcast Sportsnet about 2 years ago, and I instantly remembered her warm smile. Once we started talking that day, it was the beginning of a friendship that I know will last a lifetime.
Marisa and I at an Oakland A's game celebrating the finale of our show "All A's"
I'm sad that I won't get to see her smiling face at work every day. She brings treats for us when we work together, I talk to her about everything, and she is always positive. Marisa is literally one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I'm so grateful to even know her.
I wish Marisa all the luck in the world as she embarks on her new journey in the land of the hodags (that's her new town's mascot...amazing right?). I know she'll do big things! 
Marisa, Kelly, me at my birthday party this summer
For me, this just means more time on Skype, more snail mail, and a constant lookout for cheap flights to Rhinelander. All these things I can do.
It's only a coincidence that I have always called her "miss Marisa" because now I will very literally miss Marisa.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to your friend! Sounds like she has a great opportunity ahead of her!! This is so sweet of you to do a "tribute" to her on your blog!!

    xoxo Denise

    (Your newest follower :)

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    PS: I will be posting a vintage jewelry giveaway on my blog on Sunday! Check back and enter to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by!!!! I can't wait to hear more about your wedding planning journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh! I'm sorry she's leaving but that is great for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awah so sad... Well i am sure you two will stay in touch and thankfully technology is great to help that out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo happy for her! Definitely go visit her! Wisconsin is like completely opposite of Cali! :) Best wishes to her!

    And how did I not know you were an oakland A's Fan!? me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a Midwestern girl, you should be happy Marisa is heading for WI--the people there will take great care of her ;) thank goodness for technology...friends are never far away! enjoy the rest of your weekend! xoxo {av} | {long distance loving}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah, it always sucks when a close friend at work leaves the company. I know that feeling too well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Marisa...I hope she got to read this!!! You are a great friend too & deserve to have great friends like Marisa in your life. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!