Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our love story.

I am currently in full-on wedding planning mode, but before I get too ahead of myself, I wanted to share the story of how I met the man of my dreams. Forgive the novel I'm about to write, but 10 years have already past since we met eachother, and I want to preserve my memories to the fullest so that when I'm old I can remember every single detail of our love story.

It was a rainy day in Sacramento {December 19th, 2001 to be exact} when I first laid eyes on Corey. My basketball team was warming up for a game when I saw him and his baseball team huddled in the corner of the gym. I noticed him because he was hott, but mostly because he was way taller than the rest of the guys. My friends and I saw him and girly giggled about him, but it was close to tip-off and we had to focus on the game! The baseball team moved into the stands and I continued to keep my eye on him throughout the game (yes, I'm a little ashamed to admit that the game I was playing clearly took a back seat to this hottie in the crowd) but he was gone before half time. I felt a moment of disappointment, like "dang it!" but I just turned my attention to where it should have been all a long. Back to the game.

One of my childhood friends who went to the school we were playing at was at the game, and I mentioned to her after the game there was a hot guy in the stands and that I thought he was on the baseball team, mentioning he was by far the tallest one. She replied "Corey? Oh I know him. He's on my brother's baseball team. I'll talk to him at school tomorrow." Thinking it was a long shot, I went back to my regularly scheduled life.

The next day, my friend called back with great news. She had asked Corey if he noticed any cute girls at the basketbal game, and he said that there was one he was watching in particular. {Side note: I had forgotten my red warm up shirt that day, which I NEVER do, so I was the only rebel wearing a black shirt. Back to the story.} She told me that he noticed the girl wearing a black shirt, and I squeeled with excitement when I told her "that was ME!" She connected Corey and I through the wildly popular "Instant Messenger" (so old school, I know!) and I let out another scream when a day later, a message popped up from jfkbbplaya. It was him! And I happily replied under my screen name candygirl1344. Such appropriate names! We've talked to eachother every single day of our lives since that first message.
Our very first picture. April 2001.
We were inseperable for a year, but I told Corey I couldn't be his girlfriend until he got his driver's license (I was so demanding!). On May 7th, 2002, Corey showed up at my house, dangling a yellow piece of paper in my kichen window. I opened the door to let him in, and he excitedly said, "So this means you're my girlfriend now right?" A little confuzed, I glanced at the piece of paper and it had a big PASS stamped on it. He had passed his driver's license test and driven straight to my house. We've been boyfriend/girlfriend ever since.
Our first dance. November of 2002.
My high school graduation. June 2004.
Corey and I have grown up together
We've been there for eachother every step of the way, and we can't wait to see what comes next. We know that no matter where life takes us, we will always have eachother.
Corey & I. Engaged 2011.

I'll tell you all about the proposal soon :)

23 comments:

  1. What a cute story! Love the old photos...and the drivers license part cracked me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, going down memory lane. i just love old pictures. your story is just too cute!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post and pics especially the one in front of the Golden Gate. Your photographer is excellent!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a cute story! Meeting guys in high school was so much different (and more exciting!). You two are a cute couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too precious. and you have given me hope that love is really out there. Congrats you to guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this post & your sweet story, even more!!! Match-made in heaven--you two!!! SO happy for both of you. I had never heard the whole story. How sweet. I'm obsessed with the adorable picture of Corey holding you--so FUN! Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a precious story! I love hearing how couples meet! It is so sweet that y'all have been together that long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is just adorable!!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for a little taste of Virginia and for your sweet comment! I know nothing about CA so you can be my window into the west coast! I cannot wait to read more!!! Especially about the proposal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading love stories and yours is sooo sweet! I wish you both the best :)
    I'm your newest follower and hope you'll follow me back at ashareyes.blogspot.com

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! Highschool sweethearts!!! That is so rare these days! Y'all are such a cute couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so adorable! this is so exciting. wedding planning can be so much fun, people always emphasize the stressful parts of it. thanks for your sweet comment, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this post! So sweet and I definitely giggled at the instant messenger names and reminisced about my days with cute boys on AIM. So old school, you're right!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a precious story!
    And so glad I stumbled upon your blog :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Steph, I finally found sometime to look at your blog and I LOVE IT!! Your story of you and Corey is soo cute, Definitely made me laugh!! Love everything about your blog!! So glad you found me, so now I can follow you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute love story! I can't wait to hear about how he proposed! :)

    I just found your blog today and I would love for you to check out mine and follow back! :)

    bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so precious! I love hearing how couples met.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUCH a cute story hun! Your pictures are so so so cute!

    Congrats on getting engaged and have fun wedding planning! It can be stressful, but always remember to have fun!!!!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh! You guys are so adorable. I love these pictures. Congrats & Always be happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great love story!!! being engaged is the most exciting thing (probably second to being w newlywed, but i wouldn't know!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well now guess what, I think I went to high school with your fiance. I think I'm older though I was class of 2002 but he looks familiar. How exciting congrats it's an awesome story! I'm planning my wedding now too! Kennedy for him right? You work in media too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg I can't believe the pic in my old room! Haha I'm so happy for you two and glad me going to Kennedy finally came in useful! Love you steph!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love to read this. 10 years!!! that's such a long time and lots of memory

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!