Monday, October 17, 2011

The Proposal.

The night that Corey proposed to me was one of the best nights of my life so far. You would think after being together for 10 years that I would see it coming. Not so much. We were on a family vacation in Las Vegas, and I had no clue what was about to unfold...

This past July, the entire Rosa clan and some family friends headed to Vegas to celebrate my dad's birthday. It had been planned for months. About 2 weeks before our trip, Corey mentioned that his family was going to Vegas too, at the same time and were staying at the same hotel. I thought "awesome! The more the merrier!" but for a very brief second something crossed my mind that this was unusual. He was very casual about it, saying they hadn't been in a long time, and when they heard we were going, they thought it would be fun. Sounds perfectly normal to me! So the whole big, happy family headed to Vegas.

Some of the gang on the first night.
On the second day of our stay in sin city, we spent most of the day at our pool at Ceasar's. We had all planned to meet at the sports bar to watch the first few innings of the MLB All-Star game and then head to dinner. So everyone is there at the sports bar, just hangin out, and it gets to be about 8:30 when I start taking my usual poll "where does everyone want to go to dinner?" I started getting slightly irritated when no one had any preference and everyone kept saying "wherever you want to go Steph!" After about half an hour of some back and forth, we finally decided on Margaritaville. So we all start walking. Let the fun begin...
My mom, sisters, and I with Corey's sister and his mom at dinner.
During dinner, all my sisters were taking a TON of pictures. Not really out of the ordinary, so didn't think anything of it. Corey was being a little quiet and only ordered a salad, saying he wasn't really hungry and that being in the sun all day made him really tired. Made sense to me. Towards the end of the meal, my parents' friends started showing up, just to hang out with us after we were done. Thought nothing of it. Finally, after dinner we were again debating what we should do next. I really wanted to see the volcanoe at the Mirage, but everyone said they really didn't want to walk that far. I was confused because it was only about 2 blocks from the restaurant, so it really wouldn't have been that far to walk. After Corey assured me we would see the volcanoe the next day, I unwillingly started to walk down the street to the Bellagio to watch the fountains. The magical fountains.
Corey and I at dinner...one of our last photos as just boyfriend/girlfriend.
On our walk there, everyone separated. Corey and my sisters were nowhere to be found, people were lagging behind...it was a hot mess. I ended up walking with Corey's sister, who had never seen the fountains before, so it became my mission in life to get her to the front and make sure she had the best possible view for her first experience with the fountains. I was clueless to everything else around me.

While I could write the rest of this story like it was yesterday, I am happy to say that we have the video! Just to set the scene, everyone ended up at the fountains, right on time. In the beginning of the video, there is a picture of Corey rubbing my shoulders. I was trying to record the fountains, but he was nervously rubbing my shoulders, making my video very shaky. I was a tad bummed, but I turned off my camera and decided to enjoy the fountains with him. What an experience it was...




As you could see, I was shocked! I think I said "WHAAAAT?" about 5 times. I was so thankful that I could share this moment with my family and our friends that mean so much to us. And so thankful to have the pictures and video to watch it over and over again! Corey knew how important it was to me to have my family there, and he went above and beyond to make it such a special moment in our lives. It is definitely an experience I will cherish forever.
Corey and I in our hotel room, celebrating our engagement.
Being engaged to my best friend and the love of my life has been amazing so far, and I can't wait to be married!

22 comments:

  1. just found your blog! so adorable. i'm so happy for you on your engagement, congrats! the best is yet to come really even though you have been together for 10 years. newest follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awah love your engagement story, ever since i found your blog i have been waiting to hear it!! Congrats you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I cried `with everyone in the video while watching your engagement unfold. I am such a sucker for that kind of thing and your man couldn't have picked a better time or place to pop the question! Congrats to you both!! Happy wedding planning :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video made me SO happy! I'm so excited for you two! I love your writing & the way you made me feel like I was there...it sounds so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about your wedding planning. I love blogs for so many reasons, but one in particular---so glad you're able to document these exciting times so you can go back & read them when you & Corey have been married for 25 years! LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not even gonna lie, i totally cried during this! this was SO sweet!! Married life is fabulous, btw ;) have yall set a date?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is TOO cute!! I got chills watching the video-Happy wedding planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO CUTE! I got goosebumps while watching the video! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this story is too sweet! I actually got teary eyed watching it, I'm such a baby when it comes to this type of stuff! Love the blog, so glad I'm following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your engagement story!!! :) So sweet!!!! Our first dance was to From This Moment On! I love reading your blog! I can't wait to hear more about the planning! You'll love married life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness sooooo sweet! I never tire of a good engagement story and so thoughtful of him to include the fam & friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just toooooo sweet! How awesome that your family was involved! PS- I love going to Margaritaville in Vegas, haha so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I mayyyyy have shed a tear! :) gooooood job,Corey!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh...that is the cutest thing ever!!! How sweet is that! And how much time and work going into it to have everyone be able to be in Vegas at the same time! THIS IS SO CUTE!!! :) I love it! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! and you have it on film!! tears!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! I only hope that someday when I am engaged that it will be as magical as yours was! Love it! It's great to know that there are good guys left out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is seriously the sweetest story! I love reading proposal stories--I think they are just so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. im in love with this post! i'm a total sucker for weddings and romance so naturally this one made my night! engagement in vegas - how amazing!

    Ashley
    www.runwithme23.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an amazing story, sooo cute. I dont think I would have put it together either! So happy for you!!! Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog one day last week. It made my day, seriously. I was browsing on yours and watched your engagement story. Totally made me cry! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, y'all are SO DARN CUTE! Congratulations on a very well thought-out proposal and hoping that wedding planning is going swimmingly! Love your blog; glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just stumbled on your blog -I don't know how, and can't remember now because my eyes are all teary from reading this cute story!!! Seriously so precious. I'm in love with your blog and am reading every page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!