Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wedding Update: The Registry.

First off, I'm really kicking myself in the butt for not starting this blog the second I started planning my wedding, because you've already missed out on selecting the venue (including location & catering), DJ, cupcakes, and the flowers. I would love to have an archive of all those decision, but I'm hoping you guys don't mind jumping on board mid-flight. From now on I plan on posting every step of this fun, exciting, and sometimes stressful process!


Today we tackled our wedding registry. In theory, this should be the funnest part of the whole deal. Point & shoot at all the things you want, and 10 months from now they magicaly arrive at your doorstep with a big ol' bow on them. We registered at 3 places to give our guests a few options:

We got off to a great start...scanning our little hearts away. "Oooh that would be nice" and "I've always wanted one of these!" Corey was having a great time with his new friend, the scan gun.
I was approaching it way more seriously than I should have. Over thinking things, as usual. We are currently in an apartment in the city, but we hope to have a house before the wedding, so I was trying to visualize our theoretical dream home and decorate it in my mind. And while the fun things are nice to have, I was worried more about the essentials. The things we need. Like Egyptian cotton sheets, for example.
I've never been too concerned about the thread count of my sheets, but people swear by these beauties, so I went for it. By our third hour of flashing the little red line over bar code after bar code, my mind started going crazy and Corey started getting hungry. Uh oh. ((remember to always feed the boy, and take breaks in between stores! You'll thank me later!)) I started to worry about things like "what if everyone goes to Macy's, then no one will get the Target stuff" and "should we register for some similar items at the different stores so we are guaranteed to get the stuff we really want?" I am no registry expert, and what I thought was right was far from an educated guess.


As in every other decision-making step of this whole wedding process, we did what was right for us. We registered for the things we wanted or would like to have, and we'll be thankful for whatever we get. And thank goodness you can always alter your registries online!


=======================================================================


On an unrelated note, I am humbled and a bit baffled by my baby blog's first big achievement: The Liebster Award!


Given to me by the lovely Lay over at The Next Chapter (go check her out!), the Liebster Award is apparently given to up and coming blogs who have less than 200 followers to help bring some love to their blog.

The Rules are as follows:

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog
2. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
4. Hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers

Now it is my turn to pass it on to some of my new blog buddies! I would like to share this honor with some of my favorite up and coming blogs, and hope that you go pay them a visit!


Hope all my wonderful blog friends are having a fabulous Saturday night!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog award!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN! I remember registering can get a bit stressful but just remember you can take anything back if you two change your minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! :) I remember registering like it was yesterday! It was one of my favorite things!!! I hope you enjoy every second of planning! You're registered at all the same places we were registered at! :) Good choices! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award. Congrats on yours! I think you will have 200 followers in no time! :o) I can't wait to see what's on your registry. I bet everything is SO cute! I LOVE hearing about your wedding planning...keep the posts comin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet words! Congrats on your liebster too!! :D Enjoy every moment of the wedding process...it will get overwhelming at times, but it really all goes by too fast. Just.live.in.the.moment. Happy Monday girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! So sweet of you to give an award to me!! It made my morning! I loved reading about your registry adventure. Like you, I would probably over analyze the whole process, but don't get too wrapped up in it all! Enjoy it :)
    I can't wait to see more about your planning! Hope you have a fantastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who ever it was that thought of registering first was a genius!! Thank you so much for the blog award, I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha, this was the only part that mr. taylor didn't mind. he kept calling them guns and was just tagging everything. guys are so funny!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I want to get married for this reason!!! haha!!!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I finally made it to your page! I still can't figure everything out :( Your page looks awesome, though! Congrats on being engaged as well. How fun was creating your registry? I can't wait until the day I can start scanning :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to get engaged so I can go register! Hahaha...but seriously it looks like so much fun! I just started following your blog and it's really cute. I left you a little something on my blog...go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Registering seems like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post reminds me so much of our own experience with registries for our wedding. I overthought things so much that I didn't even want to go to the store and do it. We were going to be moving into his parents' house after they moved to town and the entire house needed remodeling (it's ancient) so it was so hard for me to register for stuff when I didn't know how we would devotee or what colors we were going with in rooms. There will come a day when you laugh at how stressed you got over that registry and other planning stuff

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol... Stupid autocorrect. It's supposed to say decorate NOT devotee haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I felt the same way when I did my registry and I love shopping. My husband didn't care too much, only a few requests. But I thought it was going to be so much fun, which it was fun, but surprisingly stressful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!