Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Blog Best Friends.

If you told me two months ago when I started this blog that I would make real friends all across the country, I would have said you were crazy. And I would have been dead wrong. Many girls started off as casual commenters, always giving my posts postive feedback and offering kind words. What began as a thoughtful "LOVE this post" or "your dog is so cute!" has turned into long distance friendships that I really enjoy.

One of the very first blogs I started following was Dayna's and I am so thankful I found it! I always get excited when I see I have an email from her in my inbox because the girl cracks me up! She's a firecracker from Alabama, and we have so much in common. Recently we decided to send eachother some of our favorite things...from California to Alabama and back. I was SO excited for this gift exchange...and coming home to a package from Dayna was like Christmas in November!
Everything was wrapped so cute...I almost didn't want to open it!
Dayna is a huge Roll Tide fan, and my college didn't even have a football team, so she has converted me into a Bama fan, and now I've got the shirt to prove it! The cute ice cream cone ornament is hanging front and center on my christmas palm tree, the bracelet is now part of my daily jewelry rotation, I can't wait to read the book, and HOLY COW did you see the size of those Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? They are my favorite candy, but these half pounders are really blowing my mind. They don't make them that big out here in California! 

Thank you, Dayna, for the gifts, and for being the best blog friend I ever had :)
 To see what I got her, go here.
And if you don't already follow her, you're missing out. She's the best!

And I'm so glad I started this little blog of mine. It has been a source of support, creativity, and encouragement that I never knew was out there!
Thank you to all my blog followers/friends. Hope all your weeks are flying by!

19 comments:

  1. I KNOW! It blows my mind that I am close with perfect strangers. I truly do treasure my bloggy friends. What a wonderful gift girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!! Friends are out there just waiting to be found :)
    I'm glad I found your blog too!!
    Your friendship with Dayna sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! You never know where you'll meet your friends! :) Those Reese's are HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'm definitely headed over to her blog and will follow her as well :) Loved the cute wrapping on all the gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe that was so cool to send each other stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing what you two girls sent each other! If I had known, I might would have tried to convert you to a Hog fan before she got ya ;) I'm sure she is thrilled! And those Reeces are HUGE! Whoa. I've never seen them that big before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AW that is so cute! you both have great blogs!

    Ps. SFSU having a football team .... haha that would be crazy! lol we all are just forced to like CAL instead

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! And girl, she sent you some awesome gifts! Just found your blog and am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an adorable idea! i hope to do this sometime in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't packages the best? All that she sent you is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aren't blog friends the best?!
    i just came across your blog! if you want a blog pal in utah - i'm your gal!

    xo ashley

    www.ashley-warner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started following both you and Dayna a couple of weeks ago. Come to find out, Dayna and I grew up about 15 minutes away from each other. Such a small world! You girls are the best! I just recently started blogging about a month ago, and it's so great to find such wonderful people!

    Btw, those Reese's Cups are ginormous! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. FUN! Glad you have new cross-country fans & friends. I LOVE Alabama because of another blog I read--Darby's blog. Have you checked it out? I think I sent you the link when you first started the blog. Dayna is SO lucky to have you as a friend! I have started reading her blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dayna is too sweet. Love that she sent you some Bama swag. Roll Tide! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet is this?! I love how we are able to connect and become such great friends through blog land :) (and I'm really happy I found your blog tonight!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!