Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Life's Little Lessons.

Things I learned today...
*That it's OK to not get everything done all at once. Having things left on your to-do list at the end of the day gives you something to do tomorrow. (this is a big one for me!)

*That if you put a frozen pizza in the microwave with the provided plastic "baking tray" for the time stated on the back of the box, it will burn, and you will be hungry.

*The meaning of the word "panache" (a grand or flamboyant manner, flair)

*That shooting an entire's show worth of interviews using a green screen with the plan of inserting a background in post production is not as easy as it looks.

*That getting a nice email from a fellow blogger can make your day.

*That my preggo sister is having a BOY! Uncle Corey and I plan on grooming that little stud into the next big major league baseball star so that Aunt Steph can retire!

*That every moment can be a lesson if we stop just long enough to notice.

{via pinterest}
One more busy day at work, then the fiance and I are off to the happiest place on earth. I can't wait for our mini-vacation, and I LOVE when Disneyland is decorated for Christmas! 
Isn't it magical? It brings back my Christmas spirit!
Hope everyone is having a great week and I'll be back (w/ pictures!) in a few days!

13 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation! Say Hi to Mickey for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! boys are so exciting (but i am biased)...I have always wanted to go to Disney for christmas and see it all decorated! jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh such a cute blog post today... You are adorable!! CONGRATS to your sis and you guys... I am sure that boy will be soo cute!!

    Have fun on your mini vacay, sooo jealous your going to disneyland!!! take lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lol'ed at the pizza statement - the packages aren't lying when they say "microwaves may vary". Jeeeee..ya think?!

    & a boy?! Yay yay yay!! Congrats to your sis! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww congrats on the lil nephew! they are the best ever. and woooo you guys are going to disneyland!! i like like 10 minutes from it! i go after work all the time! so much fun!! have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol yeah pizza trays suck! Congrats on the nephew!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your precious nephew! :) That picture of Disneyland is so pretty! I'd love to see it during Christmas. I'm on the opposite coast though, hehe! Maybe one day...

    *New follower*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't agree more! So exciting, hope you have a great time! I've only been to Disney World, so make sure you take lots of pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. New Follower :)

    Such an encouraging and truthful post! Sometimes when life doesn't go as planned we need to remember that there is a reason.

    Can't wait to see the memories you make at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Auntie!!! Is he the first baby??

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is okay not to get everything done all at once!! I have the same problem but you really just have to take a step back and breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I awarded you the Liebster award today on my blog :)

    http://thesweetashleylife.blogspot.com/2011/11/nice-surprise.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. where in the bay are you? you can totally come see me! i work at a salon in pleasanton :)

    sharde @ the style projects

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!