Monday, November 7, 2011

Raider Nation.

The avid sports fan that I am, I never really had a favorite NFL team growing up. Sure, I rooted for the Dallas Cowboys because that's who my dad rooted for and I wanted to be just like him. But I don't feel a personal connection to the Cowboys. On the other hand, Corey is a die-hard Oakland Raiders fan, and his affinity for his team is contagious. Over the years I've found myself rooting for the silver & black because when the Raiders win, Corey is in an extremely good mood, and all is right with the world. Since I cover the Raiders at my job, it's easy for me to keep up with the ins and outs of the team, and over time I've sort of morphed into a full-blown Raider fan. I am proud to be a part of the crazy Raider Nation!

Thanks to the perks of my job, I recently surprised Corey with a field pass when the Raiders played the New England Patriots. You should have seen the look on his face when we were walking into the stadium, heading down the stairs, and just kept going down and down and down until a man opened the gate for us and we stepped foot on the field. He was like a little kid on Christmas, full of excitement, because the team that he's rooted for every Sunday since he was a little kid was only a few feet away from him. It was a pretty awesome moment!

Tom Brady, up close and personal.

The Raiders fearless leader, coach Hue Jackson.

Corey's favorite Raider, kicker Sebastian Janikowski ("Sea-Bass").

Bonus! Brian McKnight sang the National Anthem.



It was so cool to be able to share this view from the field with Corey, the biggest Raider fan I know. And it renewed my energy for my job, because as a field producer, I am on the sidelines a lot, which is a priviledge I was starting to take for granted. To see how happy it made Corey just to be down there, it made me appreciate this awesome opportunity even more. 

Go Raiders! 
What are some of your favorite teams?

14 comments:

  1. That's such a sweet surprise! What a lucky guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! My entire family loves the Bengals ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an Eagle through and through! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awah what a nice surprise and soooo cool you can do that for your man!!! I bet that was an awesome day... And thanks for sharing that pic Tom Brady.. I think you caught his best angle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Niner and Greenbay fan.. But I sell commercial time for the raiders games so I have to go to a game here soon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun!! I love going to professional games. I went to a couple of baseball games this summer and it was a lot of fun. It looks like you two had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!!! I bet you were the best fiance in the world after that =)! Of course you probably know this, but I'm a Buckeye fan all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day! I bet he loved it. I'm a Falcons fan and would've loved to be able to do that in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome that you got to share that with your fiancee. You are definitely getting points with him:) Just found your blog, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such an awesome surprise!! I am always trying to surprise my bf but I can't think of a good one! Looks like y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such an awesome surprise!! You guys look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! And WOW, that kicker is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As you already know, my Fiance and I are die hard Raider fans too. How amazing is this that you guys got to go on the field! My Fiance would probably pass out or cry (or both) if I ever gave him field passes.

    hmmm wedding gift? if thats even possible. lol

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!