Tuesday, November 1, 2011

San Francisco.


"No city invites the heart to come to life as San Francisco does. Arrival in San Francisco is an experience in living." - William Saroyan

Sometimes I take for granted that I live in a city that people come from all over the world to visit. There is so much to do in San Francisco, so much to explore, and you could live here for years and not experience all this city has to offer. 
Me & my bestie Kari on a pit stop during our bike ride across the city.
I've lived in the Bay Area since I left home to attend San Francisco State University. I ended up in SF because it's only about an hour and a half from where I grew up, so it was close enough to visit home, yet far enough away that I was on my own. Since moving to San Francisco, I've lived all over the city. The apartment I am currently in is my 5th apartment in 5 years. Thank goodness I am marrying a big, strong man that is a good mover! 
When I was in college, I lived on the far edge of the city, right near Ocean Beach. In SF, it is rarely hot enough to lay out on the beach, but during October we have what we call an "Indian Summer" and it is by far the best time of year weather-wise.
After graduating from SFSU with my Radio & Television degree, I moved in with my friend in the beautiful city of Sausalito. Just across the Golden Gate bridge, Sausalito has amazing views of the city. The picture above is actually the view from my old bedroom. It was when I lived in Sausalito that I had one of my most exciting adventures yet...I had always wanted to ride my bike across the world-famous Golden Gate bridge, and I did it all by myself! (And of course I had strangers take pictures of me during my proud moment!)
I love when family & friends visit me because there is so much to do! One of my favorite places in the city is Ghirardelli Square, home of the famous Ghirardelli Sundae. As a sugar addict, I take everyone that visits there so I can selfishly indulge in a mouth-watering sundae.
My big sister at Ghirardelli Square.
Having a sundae with one of my little sisters.
Now that I can't stop thinking about the warm, gooey fudge, sweet vanilla ice cream and fluffy whip cream topped with a cherry and served with a necessary glass of water, I'll share with you a few of my favorite things in the city:
The view from Twin Peaks.
The seals at Pier 39.
The cable cars.
Shopping in Union Square. Especially when my parents come :)
Happy Hour at Epic Roasthouse on the Embarcadero.

There are so many things I love about this city, I could never have enough pictures to do it any justice. There is always something to do and no matter how long you spend here, you're never done exploring. I know I won't live here my whole life (the cost of living is pretty high), so I'm trying to take it all in now while I'm young and adventurous!

Hope everyone is having an adventure today :)

20 comments:

  1. looks so fun!!! I have never been but always wanted to go!!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to SF before but it's definitely on my list of places to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I can't stop thinking about the warm gooey fudge on top of vanilla ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love it!! I adore Ghirradelli chocolate and we visited all the places you mentioned. I kept singing "I'm going to San Francisco, I'm going to wear some flowers in my hair..."
    A beautiful city with so much to do! The public transport was amazing!!
    Coming from so far away, you have no idea how excited we were to see the Golden Gate Bridge, something we'd always seen in movies and pictures!!
    Thanks for sharing :) (say hi for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like so much fun! I've never been to California period but if I were ever to visit SF is definitely number 1 on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all those pictures! That sundae....myyy heavens! I need that. In my life. Right now.
    Such a fascinating place to live! Especially love the seals :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wante to go! Looks like so much fun! You're so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such amazing pictures! I've never been but it is definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to San Francisco is on my bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this post. You make it look like the best place ever to live & yet I was so depressed when I lived there...that fog & coldness is just not for me. But this is about you so...I LOVE all your pictures. That one of you & Nellie is so cute; you guys look so happy with those huge ice cream dishes! The next time I'm in the city, could we go to Ghiradelli, please? I haven't been since I was 7 years old & have been wanting to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks sooo beautiful there, never been to San Fran but you definitely just made me add it to my bucket list of places i need to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your California pictures are making me super jealous! I was born in San Ramon and lived there until I was about six when my family and I relocated to the south! Some of my relatives still live in California so I make sure to visit whenever possible! Although now when I go back people ask me if I'm from Texas because of my accent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your posts about San Francisco make me miss it terribly. You are very right- you can live there for years and still not get to experience so many things. So much great culture, food, shopping. And the weather/city itself is breathtaking. I have a reoccuring dream where I move back to San Francisco. I know I will one day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! ! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG BACK:

    seekthesleek.blogspot.com
    if you follow my blog:
    - I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
    - I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
    - I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
    AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR LATEST POST & LEAVE A COMMENT.
    LIST ME ON TWITTER , SO I WILL KNOW U'RE MY FOLLOWER
    -YOU CAN ADD ME ON FACEBOOK IF U WANT, I WILL ALWAYS CONFIRM MY FOLLOWERS

    (PLEASE TELL ME IF IT SAYS THAT I HAVENT FOLLOW YOUR BLOG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY BLOG RECENTLY, BUT IF IT'S FIXED, I WILL FOLLOW U AS SOON AS POSSIBLE)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have never been, but i really want to go!! the pictures are so fun. definitely putting this on my wanderlust list :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVEly post!!! A couple girls & I are working on a Blog Meet up in the city, maybe early next year. Keep a eye on my blog for updates if you're interested! We'd love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel this way about my city too! No matter how many places I go to or things I see in NY, there will always be millions of other things that I have yet to touch. And I love that. San Francisco is a city I am desperate to visit. Seems like such a wonderful place :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you really do live in the best city out there. i adored everything that it had to offer!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay I love finding other CA bloggers! And SF is one of my favorite cities :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your blog!!

    I am about to graduate from State and staying in the bay area/city so when i read you stayed after school it kinda gave me hope!

    Plus your pictures are so cute! congrats on your engagement!

    Shelby

    http://sunflowerssf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!