Sunday, November 13, 2011

Santa Cruz.

Santa Cruz makes me feel like a little kid again. It's only about 45 minutes from our place, so when my parents told me they'd be spending the weekend there celebrating one of our good friend's birthday, I made the quick trip down the coast to spend the day with them. 
It was a fun day filled with clam chowder on the wharf, more salt water taffy than any human being should consume in one sitting, a wild ride on the giant dipper (which I learned is the 6th oldest operating roller coaster in the United States), and lots of laughs with my parents and their friends, better known as my big,happy extended family.
My sisters were back home in Sacramento and Corey was in bed with the flu, so for one of the rare occasions in my lifetime, I was an only child for the day. I absolutely love spending time with my parents, and they are some of the coolest people I know. They are so fun, generous, and loving...I miss them when I'm not with them.
We spent the day walking around on the Boardwalk and through the arcade, had lunch on the wharf, and visited with some sea lions. And have I mentioned the funnel cakes? Wow. These sweet things are amazing, and you can't go to the Boardwalk without getting one.

Great place + even greater people = one amazing day!
You guys do anything fun over the weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Santa Cruz looks beautiful! I maaay have to take a trip there soon. And funnel cakes & taffy?! {sugar coma} omggg!!
    Glad you had a great weekend lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I loved reading this and I want some Funnel Cake, like now!! I don't have a clue what it is but it sure looks great :)
    We visited Roaring Camp Railroads in Felton just outside of Santa Cruz back in '06 and LOVED it!!! We also went to the McDonalds in Santa Cruz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, funnel cakes and rollercoasters?! Yes please!
    I'm so happy to see you had a fabulous day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa Cruz is gorgeous!! I definitely want to go here someday :) so glad you had such a great weekend, sounds like you got spoiled ;)
    Oh and you are GORGEOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo of the lifeguard tower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! I haven't been there in ages. I had a lot of great memories there. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Santa Cruz looks beautiful! Looks like you had a blast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH! This looks like so much fun! Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to visit Cali yet but it's on the top of my to-do list after I graduate!

    ps thanks for the follow- love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!