Sunday, November 20, 2011

SoCal Trip Part 1: Universal Studios

Isn't it crazy how you can look forward to something for so long and then in an instant, it's over? I've been dreaming about our trip to Southern California for what seems like ages, and now we're already back to reality :( But what an awesome trip it was! We stayed with our good friends in Huntington Beach (thanks Meg & Rob! love you guys!) and spent a day at Universal Studios and a day at Disneyland. We'll start at the beginning...
We spent our first full day in Southern California at Universal Studios. At this amusement park/film studio you can tour the lot of some of Hollywood's most famous studios (Desperate Housewives & Parenthood were shooting when we were there), ride movie-themed rides (The Simpson's simulated ride was amazing!), and watch live action performances of some of Universal's biggest movies. Corey LOVES movies, and we both had not been to Universal Studios since we were really little, so it was a really fun and interesting day. 

My good friends Shrek & Fiona
Beetlejuice gave me nightmares when I was little. Now he's Corey's homeboy.
Hangin' with Bart & Lisa Simpson
This picture makes me laugh. A lot.
The view of downtown Universal City from the top of the park.
Me on the Jurassic Park water ride. Alone. Corey preferred dry land.
The closest we got to Wisteria Lane. Set was closed for filming.
Part of a set from a scene in Tom Cruise's "War of the Worlds."
We drove by the infamous Bates Motel from "Psycho." Creepy.

After our day at the park, we walked around downtown Universal City, called the "City Walk." There was so much to do and see: shops, restaurants, indoor sky diving, and live music. All the bright lights and colors were amazing!
We ate dinner at a fabulous mexican restaurant. I'm not a big drinker but these margaritas were delicious!
After dinner we had some frozen yogurt and did some great people watching.
Next thing you know, a live DJ starts spinning and a dance party breaks out in the middle of the streets of downtown Universal. It was amazing!

I'm exhausted just thinking about all the walking we did! And this is only day 1! Stay tuned for our day at Disneyland!

15 comments:

  1. Love Universal Studios! I wonder if they have any Harry Potter rides/shops, like the one in Florida? They didn't have any when I went, but that was ages ago. I'm all kinds of obsessed with HP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love all the pictures! Just a heads up, you better clear your schedule one weekend because I'm coming to visit and we're going there because it just looks like so much fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I've never been to Universal before...but we would always go to Disney World. I definitely wanna check that out! Maybe I'll just tag along with Dayna and we'll make a weekend out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi love!
    i found you blog via For Love of a Cupcake
    congrats for being featured!
    Now this post is amazing! I live in S.Cal
    20 minutes away from Universal =)
    i love that place! How funny i found your blog
    the day you post about it!

    By the way love my friend Summer and I
    are hosting a Secret Santa
    Blogger Style! I would love
    for you to be a part of it!

    stop by my blog and join us!

    http://onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com/2011/11/secret-santa.html

    of you can post it on your blog
    twitter, facebook, etc etc and
    help us spread the word i would
    really appreciate it !

    xoxo
    Melina

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great pictures! It looks like you had such a fun time!

    And I love the picture at the top of your blog! So cute!

    Lauren

    http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely know what you mean about things going by in an instant! I'm bad at that because I hype things up way too much in mind and then it goes by in a second! BUT- looks like Universal was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so have to go to Universal before I die. Looks awesome! I love the pic of Corey and the guys from Apollo 13... haha! Can't wait to hear about more of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love Universal Studios too, we have been twice and can't wait to go again!! The Simpsons ride is so awesome, I loved looking at all of your pics! It reminded me of all of our fun that we had there :)
    Glad you had a great time too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Love the pictures :) The City Walk in Fl is such a fun place to go and people watch as well... we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i live in the bay area and i've never been to any universal or disney! you seriously make me want to go down there ASAP! :) def makes me want to save up all my money to go on a mini vacay! cant wait to see your pictures from disneyland
    sharde @ the style projects

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a fun trip!! Great weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like so much fun! I've never been to Universal Studios, but you're making me want to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had a ton of fun! I want to go now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh Looks like soo much fun!!! That pic of Corey with the hat off and the astronaut men, OMG, i laughed soo hard at that!!

    And laughed at the random woman in your pic of you guys with the universal Globe haha!!!

    Did you see any celebs when you were on the set of DH??

    Soo lucky you guys live close to so many fun things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beetlejuice scares me. I LOVE these pictures though. It is so funny to me how grown-up you are...amazing job, apartment with fiance, etc. etc. and yet you couldn't resist going on the water ride. I LOVE it! :o) So you...makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!