Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SoCal Trip Part 2: Disneyland

Our second day in Southern California was spent at one of the most magical places on the planet and the happiest place on earth, Disneyland! It is absolutely amazing this time of year because the park is decorated for Christmas and a lot of the events are holiday-themed. Since we went on a Saturday, the park was pretty crowded and the lines for every ride were crazy! On our first ride of the day, we waited in line for "Soarin over California'" for about half an hour, and when we finally got to the front, the ride started having "technical difficulties." What seemed like a stroke of bad luck turned into a blessing...we were given a fast pass to any ride, and we were able to use it more than once! It was the perfect start to an amazing day.
Corey thought this would make a great Christmas card. Haha.
Reindeer! Don't they look thrilled?
The castle during the day. Looks very different at night!
Corey was bummed his favorite ride was closed for "rehab."
"It's a Small World" during the day...
"It's a Small World" all lit up at night!
At night the entire park is transformed into a Christmas wonderland. Everything lights up, the holiday music blares, and the Christmas-themed shows begin.
Main street with a view of the castle lit up.
The Christmas fireworks show is amazing!
After the fireworks, it "snows." (Which never really happens in California!)
We watched the Christmas parade where I waved to all the characters like a little kid.
And you can't go to Disneyland without a stop in the candy shop!
Corey couldn't resist this cookie/fudge/chocolate chip sundae. Yum!

We ended the day over at the California Adventures Park adjacent to Disneyland for the amazing water/light show "World of Color." It is unreal! By far my favorite thing at Disneyland. Pictures could never do it justice...it is a MUST see!

This was our last picture before my camera died. It was clearly as pooped as we were!

After 2 days of endless walking, laughing, riding, screaming, and eating at some of the most wonderful places, I have to say some of my favorite moments were when we were in the car for 14 total hours just talking, singing, and laughing. I love spending time with Corey. I'll be his co-pilot anyday! 

It was the perfect weekend getaway at the perfect time of year. It really put me in the Christmas mood! Bring on the holidays!

15 comments:

  1. Love it...and so jealous you were in the best place on earth at Christmas! I feel like this entry was just geared toward me. Miss you guys!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being in the car with my husband too! It sound silly - but it really is great quality time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip pics are great! Glad you had a fun time. It brought back memories of all of us being there last year at this time. 25 more days and my family will all be down there. Can't wait. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like so much fun! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's gorgeous there with all the Christmas going on all over the place! Love it! And you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. Looks like you two had so much fun

    Id love for you to check out my blogging secret santa and participate!


    If you decide to follow along let me know-and Ill follow back!

    Cant wait,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you two had a blast! I have not been to Disneyland in years but would love to go again. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great photos!! Looks like an awesome time. That castle looks so amazing lit up. I love your statement about spending time together was some of the best moments of your trip, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never seen Disneyland at Christmas, How fun and Colorful!!!

    Loved the snow coming down after the fireworks, oo Disney you have so many good ideas!!

    Thanks for sharing girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg. looks amazing. i have a pass but havent made it there to see the Christmas stuff. you have motivated me to get there soon!! so cute you two are!!

    ellelorraine.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Camino Inn and Suites have a cool tips to share with your reader...
    When you buy your tickets at the entrance of the Disneyland Park in California, you have to ask for a FAST PASS, it's free and you will only wait 10 minutes to get on a ride...
    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my gosh! Looks like you had such a fun time!! I'm jealous lol :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happiest Place on Earth. You just can't go wrong there. So glad you & Corey had a blast. You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Y'all look so sweet together! Cute pics! I love Disney! My dad works there so I've been going since I was a little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!