Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend 2011

I know I'm almost a week late with my thanksgiving recap, but it's been a busy few days since the long, wonderful thanksgiving weekend. Sigh... I miss it already!

While Corey had to stay back in the bay area due to work, I headed home for 4 days of family, food, football, and fun. 
Every year my mom cooks a fabulous feast. She is seriously the best cook! Everything she makes is delicious, which in a way has set me up for failure. My mom has been cooking for Corey for almost 10 years now, and every time I make one of her recipes, it's always "good" but "not quite like your mom's." Oh well. That just means we're always gonna have to go home for momma's cooking!

As much of the spread as I could fit in the picture!
All the girls, minus one sister who was sick in bed.
My big sister & her hubby.
My dad & I outside watching football by the fire.
Me & Mr. Colt. Love this guy!

The day after Thanksgiving has become one of my favorite days of the year. My sisters, all of our significant others, and my mom switch the house over from Thanksgiving to Christmas. This year, it was just momma, Nellie and myself, with an occasional Pixie sighting. With Christmas music and movies on in the background, we put up the tree, decorated the front rooms, and turned the Rosa household into a cozy Christmas village! (( I can't believe I didn't take pictures of this part!))
After a day of decorating, the family headed to my annual high school basketball alumni game. This has become a bittersweet tradition, where I am happy to get out there and play again, but we usually get our butts kicked by the Varsity team by at least 30 points. This year my dad coached us, and we only lost by 5! Next year...we got this!

It's always fun to see these girls and it feels great to run off all the food! 

The rest of the weekend was spent in my sweat pants (because I was so sore I could barely move), watching football, and eating left over deserts. I love spending time with my family more than anything. It was such a nice break from reality! 

Now it's time to switch gears to Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. sounds and looks fabulous. so glad I found your blog. definitely following. If you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my fashion blog. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA local. xo

    www.FashBoulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great thanksgiving... Stinks Corey couldn't join you, but I think you had plenty of things to keep you busy... HELLO built in friends with all the sisters you have!!

    YAY Christmas, have you decorated yet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun that you guys have that game! My high school doesn't do anything fun like that! Looks like you had a fabulous thanksgiving! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. All the food looked delish! That sucks that you had to be away from your man on Thanksgiving. Dang work just gets in the way sometimes! I still haven't decorated my apartment for Christmas. I blame it on being so busy and away from home during the long holiday weekend.

    Our high school just started an alumni basketball game tradition this year. It's rough living 7 hours away now though. I miss getting to do fun alumni things. I can kinda sympathize with you on the soreness. We always have a family basketball game on Thanksgiving at JP's uncle's house. The day after, I am always so sore! I didn't think I was going to be able to move Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your family has the BEST traditions! I love the idea of everybody decorating together the day after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE everything about this post & am thankful for it...except the awful pictures of me...but it's not about me...so I am just so grateful I finally got to see you. :) My absolute favorite is the one of you & your dad (aka my best friend). Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!