Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Ring.

In the beginnng, I created this blog to document all our exciting adventures and decisions as we plan our wedding. I want to document every detail leading up to the big day, and I often wondered if there would ever be a humble way to share pictures of my ring. Enter C Mae from Happiness Is... and her "Bling Bling Share Your Ring" linkup. Amazing!

The ring, the night Corey proposed.
My 3-stone beauty all by herself!
Our wedding photographer, Allison Stahl, took some amazing pictures of the ring during our engagement shoot.

At the time of our engagement, Corey and I had been together for 9 years. Sure, over the course of our relationship I had pointed out a few rings that I liked, and I even bookmarked pictures of some of my favorite rings on our computer (just in case!) so he had a pretty good idea of what I wanted. I still thought for sure he'd bring at least 1 of my 3 sisters or my mom to go pick one out, but the boy went to the jewler all by himself and picked out the most perfect ring for me
Funny side note...he was sneaky and took my ruby ring that I wear on my right hand to get my ring size... who knew your writing hand is almost a size bigger than your other hand? Not Corey, and certainly not me! So when I went with him to the jewler to have it sized, I had no clue how he picked out the perfect ring. There were so many and I don't even know if I would be able to pick one for myself! Corey did so good.

While we were there, Corey also let me pick out my bands...
Can't wait to get these amazing bands on our wedding day this summer!

I am still in the honeymoon phase with my ring... I clean her every couple days! Something about the sparkle makes me feel awesome! I do take her off when I shower, cook, and clean because I am paranoid of anything messing it up. When I do take her off, I put her in the beautiful box she came in so I know exactly where she is at all times

I just realized that I have been referring to my ring as a "she" and "her" this whole post... haha... what can I say? She's my little beauty that will be with me forever!

Thank you, Corey for finding me the perfect ring that I am proud and honored to wear every single day
And thank you, C Mae for the linkup and opportunity to share my ring!

28 comments:

  1. its gorgeous!!!! Where did you get your rings? I have a friend who owns a diamond business in the city. It looks like they are all picked out, but if you even need anything check out the sfdianondexchange.com He has been a friend of ours for years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty! I am in LOVE!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph... your ring is so gorgeous!! It looks absolutely lovely on your finger. I'd say Corey did very VERY well! I was the same way before we got engaged.. I was bookmarking and telling him my stone cut opinions, etc, etc.. When the day came that I saw the ring he had selected my heart sang because he knew me better than I knew myself and picked out the perfect ring for me. You're so lucky to have a guy who did that for you!
    -Janell

    ReplyDelete
  4. girlfran! that ring is GORGEOUS! Props to corey for picking out such a beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous ring, boo! I would totally give Corey the ultimate high-five if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's soo pretty, and your band is perfect. So happy for you both.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! :) Love the band with it! :)
    So excited for you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's soo super sparkly! yay!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is soooo pretty! Any girl would be SO lucky to get a ring like that, he did a great job picking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for linking up!! You are SO welcome! Glad I could be of service! Your ring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the post, Steph! With your extra bands, that ring is looking pretty spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ring is stunning! I love the 3 stone look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful ring! The band are spectacular too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg girl talk about some bling bling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that ring is gorgeous!! i can only hope that my future fiancee (whoever that may be haha) will do as good a job as Corey did!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful ring! So shiny. I was in the honeymoon stage with my ring forevvver. I wouldnt even get it wet, and I wouldnt sleep with it. :) Sounds like fiance is a keeper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. O MY! Love the ring!
    -wHiT
    www.blacklittlebutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the ring! It is so beautiful and I love how shiny it is!
    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love that you picked double bands, I did too :) I remember being in 'honeymoon' phase with my ring, I still kinda am. I would do the same, put it in its box every night, shine it up every few days, and I wouldn't dare put lotion on when the ring was on my finger. We got engaged in 2009 and guess what? ... I am still OCD about my ring! Cute blog, excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your set is absolutely gorgeous!! Tell me- how do you clean her? I need to clean mine more but I need to find a better way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Steph - I just started following your blog and I have to say, I am loving it! I am especially loving your ring...soo pretty. The picture with the two bands is stunning. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to read more! - Cori

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the ring. Kind of makes me want to be engaged myself. If not for the potential marriage, then just for a ring like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!