Friday, January 6, 2012

Wedding Update: The Bridal Party

Now that the holidays are over, I can get back to my regularly scheduled wedding planning! Since I started this blog after I already had quite a few things done, I'm going to retrace my footsteps a bit and start from the beginning...

The very first project I did after Corey and I got engaged was my bridesmaids' cards. I followed my big sister's lead, who had made each of us an amazing card revealing her color scheme and the style of our dresses along with a personalized and heartfelt message on the inside, asking us to be her bridesmaids for her wedding. 
The card big sis made for me.
I knew that this handmade keepsake was something I wanted to make a Rosa girl tradition, so I headed to Michael's for some cardstock, colored paper, heavy duty glue, and some blingy stickers. After what felt like hours of cutting, glueing, and writing out each girl's message about 20 times each (not to mention a messy table full of glitter, cut outs, and pens), here's what I ended up with...
My card to my girls.
I am bummed I don't have pictures of the process or all of the final products together, but this was the only one I had quick & easy access to. 

Here is a little bit about each one of my specially-picked bridesmaids:

My big sister, Shawna, is my maid of honor. I was hers for her wedding, and am so thankful that she agreed to be mine too! She has known me since the day I was born and has been the best role model for me every day since. She literally is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and she always puts others before herself. She is one of those people that only come around once in a lifetime and I'm so blessed to call her my sister. 




Nellie, the third Rosa girl, is one of my bridesmaids. This little girl holds the key to my heart...she is my female soulmate. We are so alike in many ways, and she is so fun to hang out with. When I tell her to do something silly, no matter how outrageous the request, she doesn't hesitate, which makes me laugh. Whatever my master plan is, she is right there with me, no questions asked. I don't know what I'd do without my Nellie!


Pixie, the baby Rosa girl, is also a bridemaid. (btw, Pixie isn't her real name, just a lifelong nickname!) Pix is one of the most beautiful people on the inside and out, that I have ever known. She is so caring, so loving, and so passionate about the people she loves. She's a free spirit, and what Pixie wants, Pixie gets! She's got one of the best laughs I've ever heard in my life, and it makes me so happy when I hear it!



My best friend Kari is my 4th bridesmaid. I met Kari in the 7th grade, and she has been my go-to girl ever since. No matter what I need, if it's someone to talk to, someone to go to dinner with, someone to design my save the dates ...anything at all, Kari is always there. She is one of the most loyal and dependable people in my life, and I know that we will be BFF's forever. Her family is like my second family...some of the best people on the planet, and I am lucky to have them in my life!



Kimberly, the baby of Corey's family, is my 5th and final bridesmaid. She is Corey's only sister, and she has the same gorgeous smile as her big brother. She looks more and more like him everyday. I've known Kimberly since she was 10 years old and have literally watched her grow up. She is so sweet, and has such a big heart... and she bakes the BEST christmas cookies! Kimberly is such a fun person to be around, and I am so lucky that my future in-laws are some of the best people around. I got lucky with not only a great man, but his family is amazing too!





I kept my bridal party small and limited to people that I know I will be extremely close with forever. When I look back at my wedding pictures years and years down the road, I want my kids to recognize every single person in the pictures. I can't wait until the wedding festivities get underway because I have the best group of girls to enjoy all of the fun with!

21 comments:

  1. Most gorgeous bridesmaids, EVER!

    What a lovely bunch of girls

    <33333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bridesmaids cards! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! That's such a great idea!

    I'm only having family in my wedding too...I have WAY too many close friends which would make my bridal party count go up to like 10 or more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is seriously one of the cutest ideas I've seen for bridal parties! I wish I had done something like that when I was engaged.
    And I agree about the small bridal party. It's hard when you have 3 sisters because that's already getting big without even having friends! I ended up only having my 3 sisters and our girl cousin who is like a 5th and I've NEVER regretted keeping it so small. It hurt a few friend's feelings but I had the same thoughts you did about it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT and thoughtful idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your and your sister's bridesmaids cards! That is such a creative and thoughtful way to ask the important women to your life to be apart of your wedding day! <3 I love it! Sounds like you have an amazing group of ladies in your bridal party, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the most adorable idea ever. I used to make those paper dress and NEVER thought to do that with them. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards turned out so good! I love your creative side and the color scheme is going to be gorgeous!

    It was fun getting to read a little bit about the lucky ladies in your life and soon to be wedding! The Rosa girls are stunning, every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steph, your handmade bridesmaid cards are so great..such a heartfelt keepsake they can all treasure. I think you did the right thing by choosing to have a modest sized bridal party. We did the same with our wedding and I am so glad that we decided to do so. There were a couple of friends of mine that I wanted in the wedding really really bad but my husband had suspicions that they wouldn't be the kind of life long friends we'd want to keep seeing forever in our wedding album. He was right. Also, it so funny that you call your older sis Nellie! When you started following my blog you told me that her name was Janell and just like her, my family has been calling me Nellie for as long as I can remember. Beautiful navy blue colors for the dress too! Keep up the awesome planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are very smart!! I moved too fast and now kicking myself...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cards are such a wonderful, sweet idea! Yours turned out great!! I like that you kept the party small :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cards are precious. I didn't ask my BMs in any special way, and I know I wish I had!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i loved the way you laid this out. all of your bridesmaids are just adorable! so much fun!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved reading all the descriptions of your bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this. I just ordered mine from etsy so they are homemade by someone else. Dang it lol. I wanna be crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am amazed at your {and your sister's} creativity! I would be so touched to receive a bridesmaid request anyway, but to get one like this would leave me speechless. Anyway, I just found your blog and I love it!

    http://bethesong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My bridal party is small as well. I have 4 total. I feel the same way you do. Its just my sister and very best friends. I think im going to start doing wedding wednesdays to talk about the wedding process. It will be fun to look back on in 4 or 5 years:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!