Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hello Orlando.

This past weekend, I went to Orlando for a business trip. And when I say business trip I mean the NBA All Star Weekend. I wish I could tell you guys all about exactly what I was doing there, but because of the nature of the PR industry and the high profile client, I have to keep this vague. But it was a pretty awesome experience...as captured by my iphone.

I had never traveled alone for work like this, and I'm not even gonna lie, I had a small panick attack the night before I left. When Corey dropped me off at the airport, my heart and my mind were racing, wondering how this was all going to go. Traveling solo, to a place I've never been, to work events with people I've never met, and all for a client that is larger than life. It was all a bit overwhelming. But it turned out to be an amazing weekend, starting with the magical flight across the country.
Over the snow...
Through the desert...
In the clouds...
and finally in Florida!
After an $85 cab ride, I finally arrived at the Omni Hotel in Champions Gate Florida. It was quite fancy. I hadn't eaten all day, and it was after midnight so nothing was open, so I ordered room service. I have never enjoyed a ceasar salad so much in my entire life. With my fears of not being able to make it on my own slowly fading away, I got a good night's sleep and I woke up in paradise.
Relaxing by the pool. 
Friday morning I had some downtime before the craziness began, so I actually sat by the pool and did absolutely nothing for the first time in a long time. It was SO nice. But it would be my last quiet moment for the remainder of the weekend. The rest would be spent running around Orlando from event to event, managing the media coverage from start to finish at each stop.
Friday night's event was at Universal Studios, and it was awesome! It was my mission to make it to Disneyworld at some point on this trip, but this was as close as I was going to get to an amusement park. I can't wait to bring Corey back there some day and enjoy it! At that event, Fabulous performed and I was the little white girl singing every word. Niiiice!
Saturday brought with it another handful of events, including a stop at the Florida Boys and Girls Club. This was an awesome event, and it was reall cool to see how excited all the kids were. It was a rewarding stop on this crazy trip.
This weekend I not only realized how cool my new job is, but also that I could conquer my fears on my own. Having said that, all the experiences weren't nearly as great as they could have been had I been able to share them with Corey. The stories are never as exciting when I tell them so I'll just have to go back and show him!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

12 comments:

  1. That is so much fun! I don't like traveling alone either. Even to target across town:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun work trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! I love hearing about your new job and how much fun you're having! I don't think I'd do to well traveling on my own either, but I'm sure it's something you'll get used to. Plus, when Corey can come that will be AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, can I just say how jealous I am that you got to go to Orlando FOR WORK?! That is one of my all time favorite places. What a fun job you must have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy All star weekend, how amazing. I'm so curious who MR Famous is lol.

    I love Orlando.

    Tab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Steph! You always get to do the most amazing things with whatever job you have! Exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Orlando! It is one of my favorite vacation spots -- there is just SO much to do! Your job sounds amazing, definitely something right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear you have the coolest job and the PR industry is the best! I'm so glad you like your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous! Time to follow my degree and get a job in PR! -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a freakin' cool job you have girl! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.

    And you should definitely take your man back there...all those amusement parks are SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a awesome trip! what a gorgeous hotel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!