Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Learning Curve.

Well, I'm about two and a half weeks into my new gig and I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of things. At times I've felt like I'm back in school, learning a new chapter of the book every day. It has made my mind exhausted, and when I come home from work, I eat dinner with Corey, shower, and then work on my nightly media clips (which have subsequently stolen my blog time!). By the time I look up at the clock, it's already 2 hours past my bed time. It's been a rough go switching my internal clock upside down, and I'm still adjusting... but I'm getting there, and that's good to know. 
My new walk to work.
The PR industry is fun, extremely interesting, and nearly a perfect fit for my lifestyle. I say nearly because I always have to answer one of my two phones any time it rings, and I am essentially on call at all times. And when you have one of the biggest athletes in the world as one of your clients, the phone rings. A lot. And sometimes when I'm in a room with seasoned veterans of the business, I feel like they're speaking a different language. But being home at night and free on weekends has made this tough change totally worth it. 


Yesterday, Valentine's day, I had a particularly long day at work and I was mentally and physically exhausted. Corey and I had dinner and went to see "The Vow" (which I really liked even though I've heard a lot of people didn't). After a long day and a sad movie, I was just in a weird, emotional, exhausted funk. But when I walked in the door to our apartment, I saw these beauties...
Thank you, Corey. I love them!
The site of these flowers almost made me cry. No matter how busy I am and how important I think my to-do list is, none of that matters. What matters is love, and life and all those in it. This small gesture made me realize what's important, and it is currently sitting on my table as a constant reminder to literally stop and smell the roses (or tulips in this case)!


Both Corey's best friend and my brother-in-law suffered very sad losses this week, which is just another reminder to enjoy every second of every day. Your life is what you make it! I choose to accept the challenge of mastering my new job, and I'll get there. I'm already on my way!


I miss all my fellow bloggers and your blogs. I promise as soon as I settle in and get all this stuff down, I will get back to blogging! Hope you are all doing wonderful!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Steph!! It is so good to read how happy you are despite being really busy. I am glad you are enjoying it all and what better way to end the day than by receiving beautiful flowers :)
    Such a lovely post, have a great upcoming weekend with the love of your life xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are loving your new job! I have definitely missed you! Sounds like you had a perfect Valentines Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your job sounds like so much fun! I always wanted to do something in PR but decided it wouldn't be a good fit.
    I was one of the people who didn't like The Vow but everyone else I talked to liked it so maybe I'm crazy? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear everything is going good with the new job! Those flowers are beauties (love me some tulips!).

    I loved The Vow as well, however my only complaint is that it left me wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SF. What a great view! And I hope things slow down for you soon so you can have even more time to enjoy the little things :)

    Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD JOB, Corey!!! Those flowers are beautiful!!! :) Also, loving the remodel of your site, Steph! Glad to hear your new career is flourishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing amazing!
    sorry for the losses :(
    Life is definitely too short.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your new job! I know there's always a little bit of an adjustment period. You're right though, starting a new job is like starting back to school. You learn new things every day.

    Those tulips are gorgeous! They are my favorite flower! Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day! I miss you in the blogosphere, but I know you have a lot going on! Hope to see you back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that your new job is going well! :) Adjusting to a new schedule like that can be really challenging!

    Beautiful flowers!! My husband and I saw The Vow and well. I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!