Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What a Weekend!

Hi there my long lost blog buddies! 
I realize it's nearly Wednesday and I am just now posting about my awesome weekend, but I've been incredibly busy and exhausted with the big job/life change. Getting used to an entirely different (but better) schedule has taken a toll on my body and my brain, and I am so tired when I get home from work that all I want to do is put my pj's on and relax! But I still want to make documenting my life a priority, so I am now sharing some fun iphone pictures from this past weekend.

On Friday night we celebrated one of my favorite people's birthday...Uncle Craig!
The Birthday Boy & his sweet momma.
A big, happy family dinner!
My Mom & Dad
Mr. & Mrs. P
Rick & Pam
The always entertaining Gary & Masashi
Corey, Darren & Lou hangin in the backyard

After a fabulous family Friday night, I spent Saturday cleaning out my childhood desk. I still had stuff from elementary school in there! Term papers, scholarship applications, notes from friends, report cards, etc. For some reason, I could never bring myself to part with them...until now.
One of many, many piles!

Saturday night I went to my first crab feed as an adult. I have served at many of these when I was young, and always drooled over the food I served while we got fed leftover meat and cheese tray sandwiches. This time, I was more than thrilled to eat the good stuff and have a good time!
Pre-crab feed pic with my girls and the baybee!
Buying an "arm's length" of raffle tickets. Corey has quite the wingspan!
Got our bibs on and we're ready to go!
All the ladies. All looking at different cameras.

Sunday of course, was Superbowl Sunday! It's one of my favorite days of the year. I love sports, I love food, and I love hanging out with my family and all of our friends, so it's always an awesome day.
The gang watching the game.
Me and my guy :)
4 friends and a little lady.
Craig & dad, and some hooligans in the background!
Hanging by the food (and there was a TON of it!)
The gang gathered around the fire pit. 

So there you have it! My wonderful weekend in iphone photos. Words and pictures could never explain how much I love spending time with my people. It was an added bonus to have Corey's entire family hang out with us on Superbowl Sunday. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life! 
I'm already ready for the next weekend!
Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far!

15 comments:

  1. Haha- love the pictures of the raffle tickets! Great angle! ;)

    Also- that fire pit?! Looks AMAZING. You make me want to move to the West coast immediately. It freaking SNOWED here today and I wasn't even expecting it, yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have been having fun!! Watching games are so much more fun with a big group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that family dinner looks wonderful!! Love seeing a long and crowded table full of loved ones :) It makes me so happy! And you totally sound like me with the childhood desk except I've stuffed everything from ages 7-18 beneath my bed. I have no idea why I think I'll need my 5th grade Social Studies folder one day, but I just can't seem to throw it out! Strange!!!

    Glad you had such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks like a great weekend! I laughed when I read about your childhood school work cuz I was the same way except I had them all stashed away at my parents house until they forced me to go through everything. I ended up just throwing it all out but had a great time reminiscing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had an amazing weekend :)

    Great pictures from superbowl, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! I can imagine that the change in jobs require a bit of an adjustment period, so get some rest and enjoy your nights at home!

    I still have a ton of papers and things in my childhood desk. I haven't gone through it in quite awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo for family and childhood memories! :) I piles and piles just like that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your Uncle.


    Umm I have a bunch of old stuff like that too, well I did my mother decided to mail it all to me and I seriously live a mile away. lol weirdo.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steph!! What a huge lovely family you guys have, look at the length of that dinner table! So good to hear you had an awesome weekend and are settling into your new job too :)
    Your mum and dad are a gorgeous couple! Have a great week xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, I love your big family!!! That outside area around the fire pit looks amazing! Hope you are loving your new job and getting used to the new schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so great to see your family. i haven't met mine since october last year. but my parents will come to visit me on april!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally relate to the not being able to throw things away! I save all of my term papers especially because I worked so hard on them and don't feel like I can just throw them out!

    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss all the seafood we had in Florida! I would kill for stone crab! We had fires all weekend and it was wonderful...Your family is presh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!