Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pixie's Epic Birthday Weekend

This was originally going to be a 'happy birthday pixie!' post with some smiley pictures from her party. And that's what you'll get...and so much more. This weekend brought with it lots of laughs, late nights, deserts galour, a crazy morning in a freezing pool, and one epic fail. You're gonna wanna read the whole thing... (disclaimer: some of these pictures may not be work appropriate!)

Friday was my baby sister's 22nd birthday. All Pixie wanted was for all our family and friends to come over and celebrate and her only request was that everyone bring a desert. It was the best Friday night!
Birthday girl and all her deserts!
The gang!
Rosa Girls (and the baby!)
The Rosa Girls' Boys

Speaking of the Rosa girls' boys... they are nuts! After staying up til 3am, they woke up early the next morning not feeling too good (ya think?) so Corey had the brilliant idea to jump in the 51 degree pool to wake himself up. No one thought he'd do it...but he actually did and said he felt 'like a new person' afterwards. That sounded pretty appealing to the other guys, so one by one, they all jumped into the freezing cold pool. I didn't start taking pictures until after Corey (bummed about that)... but this morning was hilarious!
Ben was in and out in about 2.5 seconds!
Brian didn't bother puting shorts on... thanks for the visual B!
Pierce was feelin pretty good about himself in my soccer shorts...
...a little different story after the freezing cold pool!
BooBoo watched the craziness from the waterfall.
These guys may be crazy, but I love how close they all are. 

So after all the excitment was over, we were all sitting in the backyard talking about how cold the water is and making plans for the rest of the day.
Then it happened...
Remember the epic fail I mentioned? Here's the story.
My brother-in-law jokingly grabbed me and leaned me over the pool (don't you hate when boys do that?!?) saying "you wanna go in?" I was wearing sweatpants, an over-sized sweatshirt, and ugg boots. Does it LOOK like I want to go in? Not to mention the camera I had in my hand. Next thing I know, we were both actually going face first into the freezing water. He had leaned me too far over the edge and lost his balance. I remember thinking "this is actually happening!" After the shock of the cold water, my next worry was for the camera (that belonged to Pixie), but I couldn't get up to the surface since Brian fell on top of me and I now weighed 200 pounds soaking wet! After what felt like a lifetime, I came up for air and immediately got the camera out of the water.
As you can see, the camera and the pictures survived. The ugg boots? Not so much. But the funny thing is, I wasn't even mad. When we came out of the water, everyone was worried if we were ok and no one was laughing at the time... but we haven't stopped laughing about it since!

That night we headed to Shawna & Bryan's house for a nice dinner with family and friends.

It was another weekend for the books. Just what I needed after a long week!
Hope you all had a great weekend too!

8 comments:

  1. You are one GOOD sport! And I love that shirt you are wearing in the birthday pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great weekend other than the little swim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how much you and your sisters look alike. And seriously, our guys get along but NOTHING like that! I bet they are so much fun to hang out with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I don't think I would have been as nice about the epic fail as you were ;) Sounds like a fun weekend though- I bet you are just loving your new schedule!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a fear of mine to fall into water like that! You definitely had to be awake after that!Looks like you had a wonderful weekend though! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Pixie! haha, I can't believe they all jumped in, then you two FELL in - I would have screamed! haha... glad the camera survived! and you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a smart sister asking for desserts!! what do your uggs look like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg!! I would've been so upset if that happened to me, but I am little party pooper! Lol Loved the pics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!