Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lake Tahoe Getaway

This past weekend, my family and I made the drive up the hill to Lake Tahoe for Memorial Day Weekend. When we planned this trip, we were thinking it would be sunshine, beach time, and BBQ's, but instead of packing our bikinis and flip flops, we stuffed our suitcases with scarves and boots because we were headed for the snow!
Corey and I enjoyed the gorgeous drive up to Tahoe.
Growing up in California, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've been in the snow, so when we drove into town and the snow flakes were falling, Corey and I lit up like little kids. Our first stop was South Shore where we met up with my mom, Pierce and Pixie for some dinner and a little gambling at Harvey's.
The view from the hotel room.
For dinner, we went to my mom's favorite Chinese noodle place.
After dinner, it was time for some fun!
(For the record, Pixie & I totally facilitated this photo!)
Pix and I did some gambling, and by gambling I mean lost our money...and fast. On the other hand, mom was having some luck on her favorite penny slots and we couldn't peel her away from them! When we'd say "this is your last spin!" she'd squeal and say "But I'm winnnnning!" And she was! The goldfish slot was treating her right and it was fun watching her win. Finally, we got mom back up to the room for a good night's rest.


The next morning, we headed to meet the rest of the gang at the cabin in Kirkwood.
One of the highlights was watching the boys play in the snow. It was freezing, but they were out there, running around, having snow ball fights, and laughing hysterically the entire time.
READY...
AIM...
FIRE!!!
Pierce wins the "Best Dressed" Award for his amazing snow attire.
Corey sledding down the street head-first.
Corey and his best friend, Daniel.
Shawna and baby Brendan, who saw his very first snow!
View from the cabin during the evening.
After an amazing couple of days, it was time to head back home. The sun came out on Sunday to dry the roads for us, and create a picture-perfect drive home.

The road home.
There's no one else I'd rather be shacked up with in a cabin in the snow than these people. Playing games, eating, and relaxing with my sisters, all the boys, and my mom was the most relaxing time I've had in a while, and it was much needed! (But we did miss my dad who was home watching the doggies and holding the fort down!)
I'm already looking forward to our next adventure!

9 comments:

  1. I love Tahoe... I've been twice! I can't believe that it was snowing that much so late in the year! Definitely not your 'normal' Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love how close your group is :) If you want to see some REAL snow, come on out to Ohio in January-February sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a ton of fun! My favorite picture is of Pix with those giant white shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely amazing! :)
    I looove going to the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine snow right now. Rain and humidity I can. But snow? No way. Especially since summer is here. Once it's warm, I want it to stay that way! Ha! Sounds like you had such a fun time though! :)

    I'm hosting a giveaway for a $50 shabby apple gift card. It ends today. Hope you enter!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pics are amazing! So much fun! It's crazy to think of snow on Memorial Day. Looks like you all had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an awesome trip! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your family always seem to have an amazing time... I love it!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to meeting you. We were in Mammoth for Memorial Dat weekend. Crazy weather, huh. I'm a little behind on my posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!