Monday, May 7, 2012

Our 10 Year Anniversary

5.7.02.
This is the date that Corey asked me to be his girlfriend. He used to scribble these numbers on every note he wrote me, circling them in a big heart. It's hard to believe today is 
5.7.12.
The roses that were waiting for me when I got home today.
I still remember the day I first saw Corey like it was yesterday. I've already told the story of how we met, so I won't bore you with the sappy details, but he has been one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me. He's so loving, fun to be around, fiercely loyal to his friends and family, athletic, handsome, amazing, and every other positive adjective you could use to describe a wonderful person with a big heart.
Back when we were just kids. (I know... I still look the same!)
Corey's high school senior ball.
Today we celebrated one decade together, and I've honestly loved every second of it. It's not always perfect, but like my parents always say, the key to a lasting relationship is that there are more "ups" than "downs" and our highs are far more plentiful than the rare lows. One of my favorite song lyrics of all time is from Maroon 5: "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along." Compromise is the key ingredient, and we always remember that we are a team and together we can do anything.
As you can see from the pictures, we've literally grown up together, in life and in love. Almost every major milestone I've had, Corey has been there. And every  major life event he's had, I've been there. I feel so fortunate to have shared all these amazing experiences with him, and I can't wait to make more...
Corey and I at my sister's wedding.
A shirt I made in college when Corey's team made it to the Final Four.
I've always been proud to rock his last name!

Corey and I have come a long way together, and the best is yet to come. We are just months away from starting the next chapter of our lives together, and I couldn't be more in love with this guy....
This look says it all :)
Here's to many more decades of love, adventures, and happiness...
There's no one else I'd rather have on this journey with me. 

Dear Corey- I know you're reading this, since you read my blog every single day, several times a day (even if I haven't posted anything in weeks). Thank you for being such a wonderful boyfriend, best friend, fiance, and everything else you've been to me for the past 10 years. I can't wait to call you my husband!

15 comments:

  1. How cute are you two?! Congratulations on 10 years together- that is so cool. I met my husband 5 years ago this month- there must be something about May. :) Hope you are enjoying these months leading up to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hands down, favorite post so far <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! Love this! Congrats to both of you! SO happy and so in love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!! Ten years is a BIG deal! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, love love love this! The pictures of you two at the beginning of your relationship are so cute. Corey has grown up but you have not changed a bit! Congrats, you two! So how will you count anniversaries? Since we got married on our anniversary, we'll have 2 different numbers we will celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, how fun! Happy 10 years! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww seriously tooooo sweet! Happy 10 years! Derek and I celebrate our decade together next year! I agree, I love that we have spent all of our life events together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 years is SO AMAZING! :) You guys are the picture perfect couple!! So happy for you and for your upcoming wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY 10 YEARS!! That is so sweet!! Heres to another 70+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 10 years of love and happiness! May 7th is a great day! :) That Maroon 5 lyric is a favorite of mine. It's so so true! I love the pics of y'all through the years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay...I gotta say that in the first engagement photo where you're looking up at Corey, he looks like Brian Austin Green. haha i know, random!

    LOVE this post! Can't believe that you've been together for 10 years! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm visiting from Dayna's blog and this is so incredibly sweet! 10 years?! That is pretty incredible :) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!!!! Cheers, to a lifetime of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a sweet post! Happy 10 year anniversery! How awesome is that!

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!