Monday, July 23, 2012

3rd Annual Jump House Party

A few years ago, I made the very grown up decision to have a jump house at every single one of my birthday parties until I am physically incapable of jumping anymore. Yes, I realize I'm a five-year-old, but this is my way of staying young and celebrating like we used to when we were kids. Besides, it's a great workout and an absolute blast!
This year was my 3rd annual jump house extravaganza. This year's theme was "Finding Nemo" (previous year's themes include "Toy Story" and "The Incredibles"). The celebration included snow cones, swimming, cupcakes, dancing, lots of food, laughing and bouncing our butts off!
I estimate I did a good 6.5 hours of jumping that day!
My mom jumped for less than 2 minutes before falling over. Jumping ain't easy!
Brendan and momma Nellie in the bounce house.
Corey getting his jump on.
My BFF Kari taking a break. Did I mention it was over 100 degrees outside? It felt like 120 degrees in the jump house!
Brendan and his adorable girlfriend Ellie. He already likes older women :)
And we only had to call the fire department & paramedics once!
Unfortunately this year, we had a jump house first. Our good family friend, Emily, was jumping her heart out, took a bad bounce, and dislocated her shoulder. It broke my heart to see her in pain, but I have a feeling the 12 firemen/paramedics that came made her feel better! I feel terrible about the jump house's first casualty, but thankfully Emmy is in good spirits. We're all wishing her a smooth and speedy recovery!
The gang chillin' in the backyard.
Corey and the snow cone queen, Katie!
Mr. Cool and Uncle Kyle
As usual, Corey ends up asleep on the floor with Mr. Colt.
All in all, it was another great birthday party. Definitely one for the books! I had such a great birthday weekend, and I thank my family and friends for making me feel so special. I am a lucky girl to have so much love in my life!


10 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! Happy birthday sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so incredibly fun! There is nothing wrong with being a kid at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! So sad your friend got hurt but hope she heals fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing!!

    Happy birthday!

    Ps I still want a wedding favor! Please

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics. You are never too old to have fun. We had an adults reptile party for a birthday recently and we all had the time of our life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love LOVE that you have jumphouses for your bday, WHY THE HECK NOT?! I'm jealous I haven't done this yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos and nice bounce house. Bounce houses are available in many platforms, they come up with different sizes, shape and colors, it is also available for purchase of for lease. check this out our rent a bounce house for more info and knowledge about this product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On a birthday party or any kind of celebration, it is recommended and suggested to purchase bounce houses rather than renting it. You can use it over and over again. For more details click on this link bounce houses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The key to a enjoyable birthday experience are the activity and proceedings that take place during a kid's birthday party such as Bounce House Rentals. While the napkins, plates and cake are nice and required, it is not the most essential part of the party. Kids memorize their birthdays through the fun games they take part in. When you pick an interactive birthday party theme and integrate it into the activities.
    rent a bounce house

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!