Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July in SF

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.
I love everything about it. The warmth of summer, the smell of BBQ's, the taste of sweet tea & watermelon, and the magic of fireworks all rolled into one day brings me so much happiness.
This year, with this Patriotic holiday falling on a Wednesday, I wasn't able to make the trip home to celebrate with my family, so I spent the day hanging in the Bay Area with Corey. We watched baseball, ate In N' Out (well I did, Corey ate a more healthy lunch!), and relaxed on our balcony.
At night, I went with Corey's brother, Keith, to Pier 39 in San Francisco to watch the big fireworks show. In the 6 years that I've lived in SF, between work and the wretched summer fog, I've never been able to see them clearly! But this year was the year! Before the fireworks Keith and I ate clam chowder bowls and waffle ice cream cones as we walked a long the pier looking for the perfect spot. I smiled the entire time as those pretty fireworks lit up the water by the bay. It was awesome.
Walking back to the BART was a unique experience. The streets weren't officially closed down, but the crowd had taken over the streets anyway. I really enjoyed the mile-long walk back to the train station as Keith and I talked and watched some of the crazies in action. I wish I had a video of the roller-blade crew decked out in glow-in-the-dark necklaces that was blasting the oldschool jam "The Midas Touch" on their boombox. You never know what you're gonna see during a night out in the city.
The masses on Market Street
The A's swept the Red Sox, I got to relax, I saw amazing fireworks, and I had an adventure. It was a great day and night.
My first bridal shower is this Saturday, and I am so excited to see all my girls!
Hope everyone had a great 4th and has a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. july 4th is my favorite too! i just love summer parties. the firework shot is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I love SF, it would have been great to be there on the 4th! love the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun 4th! I am glad that you enjoyed it so much. I would have LOVED to see that roller-blading crew :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridal shower, fun!!!!!!!!!

    xx
    Tab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing 4th!

    I love 4th of July too!

    Have the best time at your shower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!