Monday, July 16, 2012

California State Fair

This past weekend was a busy one! Between our final wedding photo shoot in San Francisco on Friday, dinner with friends, picking out wedding flowers with our florist, searching for our house (and submitting offer #3!!), taking the jet skiis out on the lake, and the California State Fair...it was the perfect mix of adventure and productivity that I needed!
When we were in high school, Corey and I used to go to the State Fair every year. He liked to ride the jenky rides (and I'd get sick just watching him), and I liked to walk around and look at the exhibits. But through college and living in the Bay Area, we've missed quite a few fairs. This year, I made my return with 2 of my sisters and their boys. It was just as I remembered it...
The gang, trying to decide which horribly unhealthy food to eat. So many choices!
I went straight for the fried sweets stand of course!
I've always wanted to try deep fried oreos...
Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed.
Too much dough and not enough oreo for my taste.
The boys knew what they wanted too!
Nellie & Ben and their foot-long corn dog.
Shawna & Bryan got the philly cheesesteak sandwich, garlic fries, and a deep fried veggie plater.
And we couldn't leave without having a funnel cake!
This lady was doing her thing, signing Katy Perry's "California Girls." How appropriate.
We ate, we played games, we looked at all the crazy things people were selling, we saw piglets and parrots and people watched, we saw a wannabee Jason Aldean go crazy through the crowd, and we walked until we couldn't walk anymore!
It was a great weekend! Stay tuned to see how house offer #3 unfolds. This one could get interesting...

6 comments:

  1. California has their state fairs in the summer? I guess you don't get to hot during the summer, but it would be miserable here! Looks like you had a blast! I tried the deep fried oreos last year and was disappointed too. Good luck with Offer #3, I can't wait to hear if it works out! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love state fairs!! Nothing says summer like the rides, games and food. Everything looked so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun, Steph! So great doing dinner and can't wait for the wedding!!! Also-- looking forward to seeing pics of House Offer #3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! I love going to fairs. I always have to get a funnel cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmmmmmm fair food is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fairs are always so much fun- I especially love the food at the exhibits. Sending you many good thoughts about house offer #3! How long until the big day?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!