Monday, August 13, 2012

Bachelorette Weekend: Catalina Island

This past weekend, while Corey and the guys went to Las Vegas, my girls and I headed to the beautiful Catalina Island for my bachelorette weekend. It wasn't your typical, crazy bachelorette weekend... it was absolutely perfect for me. Low key, lots of laughs, and pure relaxation with my favorite girls in the whole world: my 3 sisters, my soon to be sister-in-law, and my mom. I couldn't have asked for a more fun and relaxing weekend in a better place.

We spent our first day exploring the island and taking in the beautiful views. We also did some shopping in the cute little shops.
 
We all had some delicious waffle cones at Big Olaf's ice cream.
We learned that Catalina Island is home to some rare buffalo, as evidenced by the random buffalo statues around the island.
We ate dinner at a festive little Mexican restaurant. The 18 ounce margaritas were pretty darn delicious!
After dinner, we ended our first day with the scariest thing I've ever done in my life. Nellie and I zip lined down the side of the island in the pitch black darkness! It was SO scary but SO fun! Usually I don't get scared or nervous, but I was hesitant to go each time. You'd think they'd get easier after you do one or two lines, but no. It was scary the whole way down. I am so glad I did this though... definitely something I will never forget!
Our second day on the island started with massages and wraps at the hotel's spa, and continued with a lovely lunch on the patio of the cutest little cafe, Cafe Metropole. 
After lunch, we headed out to the beach to work on our tans.
 The walk to the beach was pretty awesome.
 Shawna and the Bambino, me and Kimberly soaking up the sun. 

The last night we did the typical bachelorette party stuff. I was so happy to have my mom there! She is seriously the best.
 The girls and our funny shaped straws :)
I actually skateboarded in my dress. That's how I roll. Haha.

I had the best weekend, and I'm so thankful for my big sis Shawna (also my maid of honor) who organized my special weekend, my mom for coming on this awesome trip and everything she did for us, and all my sisters for coming. It was my perfect bachelorette weekend! I'm not gonna lie... I did miss Corey. Can't believe we're getting married in 18 days! So excited to soon be his Mrs!

10 comments:

  1. Catalina Island looks like so much fun. I think if I were having a bachelorette party, it would look something like this too - nothing too wild, just hanging out with my best girl friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love that it was the perfect mixture of low key, family time & Bachelorette fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my mom at my bachelorette party too! And everyone thought I was crazy! I loved having her there! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect bach :) Congrats Steph and Corey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH, you are absolutely stunning girl! I cannot even wait to see your wedding pictures :) Glad you got to have a fun weekend with your main gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This trip looks so delightful and relaxing! And the island is GORGEOUS!! So, so glad you had a great time, lovebug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a perfect weekend!! I want to go there sometime! where did u guys stay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steph,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Avalon to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, nice post. This is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas. Good blogs style too, can't wait to read another one like this. Cheers!
    No bachelorette party is complete without a sexy guy to bring some muscle-bound action to the bride-to-be and her friends. Executive Strippers lets you pick from our lineup of hot male strippers for your party — putting you in complete control of the entertainment.
    Bachelorette Party Portland ME

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!