Monday, August 6, 2012

Life Lately.

My oh my how this summer is flying by!
It honestly startles me everytime I look at the calendar these days. When I looked at it today and realized I am getting married in 25 days, I had to control my inner panic mode. Well, maybe panic isn't the right word, because I've been getting a ton of wedding stuff done lately (hence the lack of blogging!)... it's more of a sense of urgency. It's officially crunch time!
For the next few weeks, I am going to start my "Wedding Wednesday" posts to update everyone on the planning and the process, and by saying that out loud here on the blog, I am holding myself accountable! So for now, here is what I've been up to lately in my non-stop, happy, and crazy life...
Baby Brendan is getting so big!
This little guy is the love of all our lives. He is so handsome and he gets bigger and bigger everytime I see him. He's got the cutest personality and I love when he tries to talk. I love being his auntie!
I ate at the famous "Joe's Cable Car" (as seen on my dad's favorite show, Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives). The burgers & shakes are pretty darn good!
House Hunters Part 582 (at least it feels that way!). This is the house we came close to puting offer #4 on. After bringing out our crew of trusty contractors (aka my dad's friends), we decided the floorplan would just not work. The home search continues...
We actually took a few hours off house hunting and wedding planning to enjoy an afternoon on the lake with our good friends and the jet skiis.
These would be burnt crescent rolls. Long story short, with these babies cooking in the oven, I went to take the garbage out and locked myself out of my apartment. No keys, no phone, no shoes. With the smell of burning biscuits filling the hallway and the sound of the oven timer constantly reminding me that something is burning, I ran down the street to the apartment manager's office. Ring, ring, ring...no answer. So I left an emergency message with the maintenance people and waited. After what felt like 10 hours of waiting, the manager finally came down with the key to open the door. Despite my smelly candles and wall plug-ins, the apartment still smells like burnt biscuits. Lesson learned.
 Colty has been swimming with Corey a lot...
 ...and watching the Olympics with me. Love that guy.
One random note...I recently had the best fresh-squeezed orange juice of my life.
Coach Vic & a fresh quail egg
And after my mom's best friend hit a jackpot on the "Kitty Glitter" penny slot, we were treated to an amazing sushi dinner. Great food with some of the greatest people I know.
Uncle Craig, the chop stick master
 It's been a busy summer, but honestly one of the best ones of my life so far. And we've still got a lot to do! 

5 comments:

  1. Your wedding is coming up so soon! Sounds like you have been getting lots done, which is awesome. Sorry to hear that you are still house hunting, but that means the perfect house is still out there for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy summer! Fun one for sure. Good luck on the wedding planning. I put a lot of it off until the week before- try not to do that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! I can't believe you are finally getting married THIS MONTH! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to finally find a house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear updated wedding news! And it's so exciting that you're getting married this month! My fiance and I officially set our wedding date, and are just beginning to seriously plan. I'm so excited and can't wait, but at the same time, sometimes I think it would be easier to just elope! Ha! And it sounds like you have been having a great summer so far! Great post! :)

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!