Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: The Rehearsal

Today I am kicking off my wedding recaps with the night it all began: the rehearsal. That day I was still putting the finishing touches on the cupcake tower, building our "Steph's Bar" and "Corey's Bar" signs, and buying candy for the candy bar. Not to mention getting my nails done, toes manicured, and eye brows waxed. It was a whirlwind to say the least.

After all the last-minute details were taken care of, we headed over to our venue, the beautiful Le Rivage Hotel in Sacramento, for the wedding walk through. The girls and I wanted to make sure we could conquer the thick grass we had to walk on in our high heels while the guys just wanted to know where to go and when to go there. It was an informal practice that allowed us to visualize what our wedding was going to look like. It helped calm mine and Corey's nerves to see exactly where we'd be walking, when to get the rings, when to pass off my bouquet, and how to proceed out after we say "I do."

Corey and his groomsmen lined up in their spots.
My bridesmaids and ring bearer.
After the rehearsal, we all headed to my favorite restaurant in the whole world, the good ol' Spaghetti Factory in downtown Sacramento. It was so nice to sit down and have a meal with all our friends and family that have been a part of our journey since day 1. We also gave the wedding party their gifts on this night. The girls got personalized w/ bling tote bags and the boys got engraved flasks.
Corey and I at dinner. He wouldn't take his hat off because he didn't want me to see his new hair cut before the wedding.
My Bridesmaid/BFF Kari. Love this girl.
Following dinner, Corey and the boys headed to their penthouse at the top of the Citizen Hotel. The view from up there is amazing! The girls and I, a long with Corey's family and many of our friends all stopped by to have a final toast before the big day.
Corey and his mom, with a view of the capitol in the background.
Our very last picture as an engaged couple.

After crashing the guys' party, the girls and I went back to my suite for girl talk, a hot bath and bedtime. My final sleep as a single woman was spent in a bed with all my sisters. And I heard later that Corey's final night as a single guy was spent in bed with a couple of dudes. Hilarious.
It was hard to fall asleep knowing that when we wake up in the morning, it would be THE BIG DAY. It was hard to believe that after all the planning and waiting, it was finally here.
Next Wednesday's Recap:
The Venue


7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything went smoothly! The rehearsal for my wedding was so fun too...we did it the morning of though and did a brunch...it definitely made for a long day, but it was so worth every second! Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress! That color is perfect on you and you just look so happy. You gotta love Spaghetti Factory (I actually used to work there!) and glad you got to spend some great time with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked absolutely gorgeous that night! I can't wait to see all of the details from the big day =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress!! And I had so much fun at our rehearsal, too! It was wonderful to see everyone and get the party started!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, what a fabulous rehearsal, can't wait for the venue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great night! I was just at the Le Rivage for the Sacramento Bloggers meetup and we were talking about how perfect it was for a wedding location! Can't wait to see your pics of the big day! I bet it was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yah! So much fun! And can I say EXCELLENT choice in restaurant... OSF is my FAVORITE! Going there today for birthday lunch! Had many many many birthday lunches there in my lifetime! I can't wait till next week's recap!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!