Monday, October 29, 2012

Apple Hill

This weekend my sisters and I took our little boy Brendan up to beautiful Apple Hill. Apple Hill is a string of apple farms and ranches that have pumpkin patches, arts and crafts, bakeries, hay rides, face paintings, and everything apple you can imagine. We drank apple cider and ate apple pie, apple donuts and apple butter. And the weather was amazing! Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day for Brendan's first trip to Apple Hill!
Our first stop was Apple Ridge Farms where we had a picnic lunch (with apple pie for desert of course!) and Brendan picked out his very first pumpkin.
He picked the perfect pumpkin!
Brendan also got to "drive" a tractor!
This stop had the best little bakery full of so much good stuff, we didn't know where to start! Between the carmel apples, homemade fudge, truffles, and pies, there was too much to choose from!
Our next stop was Rainbow Orchard where we had the BEST apple donuts ever (thanks to Shannon for the recommendation)!
Momma Shawna looooves her some apple donuts!
Love this little man!
Our final stop was the Honey Bear Ranch, which we visited purely because we loved the name. We actually just bout a bunch of homemade fudge from here and then hit the road home!
On the car ride home, Brendan was on a serious sugar high from the very small amount of vanilla ice cream we gave him. He was so smiley and his eyes were so big... until he crashed and passed out!
 
I loved the drive, the sites, the smells, and the treats that we came across on this day trip, but my favorite thing about the whole day was being with all my sisters. When all 4 of us are together (plus outrlittle guy!), I am so happy and so at ease. I love spending time with my family more than anything!
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
xo Steph

14 comments:

  1. Love this! Looks like a blast! Love that your family is SO close! I pray someday that my kids are as close as you and your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize these places. :) So glad you all had a wonderful day and got to try the delicious apple donuts. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of you gorgeous girls are destined to have all boys! How funny would that be! This trip looks amazing, so glad you had fun with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAHHH he's such a little cutie!! Going to break some hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun day! I went up a few weeks ago and just everything about that place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how fun!!! I think all that talking about desserts made me want some sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! This looks like a place I would LOVE! Wonderful pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! We went to Apple Hill last weekend, its such a great way to spend a fall afternoon! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like so much fun. you and your little man are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love Apple Hill! we went two weekends ago for the first time in like 5 yrs and it brought back so many childhood memories :) so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm your nephew alone is so perfect love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun, where were Grandma and Grandpa?

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh your nephew is such a cutie! i have heard great things about apple hill and have never been to visit though. my wedding photographers they got engaged at apple hill

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun that you got to go with your little nephew! He is so cute.

    Now I want some apple donuts. #fatty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!