Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Blog!

One year ago today, I officially welcomed you all to my sweet life. It is hard to believe it's already been a year since I started this virtual journal, and I couldn't be happier that I did. It is fun to look back at all my previous posts to see what I was thinking, doing and feeling on any given day. I love that at any time, I can pull up my little corner of the world wide web and relive all my recent adventures. 
Read my very first blog post here.

Blogging has also been a fun way for my family to check out what I've been up to. I am almost certain 95% of my page views are from my family who patiently waits every day for a fresh post. I love that they read it. Heck, when I first started, I wondered if anyone would read it. But I quickly came to realize that no matter if there was an audience or not, I started this blog for me. It's just a bonus that other people have come to enjoy it as much as I do!
One year ago today, I was on the couch of my apartment in my pj's, hanging out with Corey and Kari, designing my "sweet life" blog header. I got so excited picking out the colors and the layout and the font. And I'll never forget getting those first few comments on my bog post. Seeing that people actually took the time out of their busy lives to stop by and check out mine meant a lot, and I gladly reciprocated. Before long, I made my very first blog friends. Crystal, Dayna, Tamara, Tabitha and Erin have been my loyal blog buds since the very beginning, and I am proud to call them my friends. The blog community is so supportive and so encouraging. It is nice to be a part of something so rewarding.
So far, this blog has documented every big moment, from the birth of my first nephew to my big career change, and every wedding detail in between. You've gotten to know me and my family, and I am so proud to show them off! So thank you, readers of the Sweet Life, for taking the time out of your own lives to read about mine. It means a lot, and I can't wait to continue this little blog journey of mine!

5 comments:

  1. Happy happy blog birthday! I am SO SO thankful that you started your blog and I have had the pleasure of getting to know you and even helping with a little wedding project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayayy! Here is to many more blog birthdays! You are so awesome and can't wait to meet you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!