Sunday, October 21, 2012

Haunted House 2012.

With Halloween right around the corner, Corey and I kept up our decade-long tradition of checking out a new haunted house every year by visiting the "Heartstopper" haunted house in Rancho Cordova. Many of you know that Corey's favorite holiday is Halloween, so we've made it a point to seek out a good scare every year since we first met. Last year we visited the Bay Area-famous "Pirates of Emerson" haunted fairgrounds in Pleasanton, which you can read about here.
I am happy to report that this year's haunted house was better than I expected. It was located at an old arcade/mini golf place that was completely re-done to house 4 different haunted mazes. The decorations, costumes and makeup were done really well, and I actually screamed quite a few times. I'd like to think I don't scare easy, but I do tend to get a little jumpy in these things. Especially when I go first so Corey doesn't ruin the element of surprise. If it's any indication of how many times I popped and/or screamed, I lost my voice. So yeah, I got a little scared and I really enjoyed it!
My new friend.
 
Corey's new friend.
 
Finding a creepy, scary and fun haunted house has become one of mine and Corey's favorite traditions. Now that I've gotten older, I'm not really a fan of scary movies like I used to be, so this is one way we can keep the scary spirit alive each Halloween. Also, it's not Halloween if you haven't watched Hocus Pocus. It's a classic.
What are you all doing to get in the Halloween spirit?
xo Steph

5 comments:

  1. ahhh that would be so fun! Even though I HATE being scared lol. I still can't do scary movies even though I'm a grown adult and know they are fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove past there today and it looks so fun! My bf definitely wants to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun tradition for you guys. I too enjoy haunted houses! the boy, not so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun tradition!!
    I wouldn't be able to do it...I'm a big weenie when it comes to things like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!