Sunday, October 7, 2012

San Francisco Weekend

This past weekend was one of the busiest of the year in sunny San Francisco. Between Fleet Week and the Blue Angels air show, America's Cup, a world famous blue grass festival, San Francisco Giants playoffs and San Francisco 49er games, the Italian Heritage parade, and countless other activities, this city was buzzing with people and excitement. The weather was perfect, the atmoshphere was amazing, and I had the best date with my hubs.
Here is our weekend, according to my iPhone...
On the pier, ready to watch the Blue Angels.
The Blue Angels! They do amazing tricks at top speed.
Like this! It's hard to tell but they corkscrew straight up, then nose dive straight down. Almost makes me sick just watching it!
Got some hand-dipped waffle cones for an afternoon treat.
All the people on the pier.
There were also a ton of boats on the Bay watching America's Cup
After the Blue Angels, we went to the aquarium on the Pier. This was awesome!
All the pretty fishees!
Starfish, sharks, sting rays, schools of fish... very cool walking through this tunnel.
Corey loves sharks, and there were several of them in this tank.
In this pool, Corey and I were able to touch a sting ray and a leopard shark. Still can't believe I did that!
The only thing about the aquarium I didn't enjoy. A bee hive. My nightmare.
After the aquarium, we boarded an old train car that took us back to Market Street.
The beautiful, busy city.
After our adventure in the city, we headed home to watch the Oakland A's playoff games on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Unfortunately, the boys are coming back to the Coliseum trailing the Detroit Tigers 2-0, but that's ok... it won't be the first time the odds are against us!
Hope everyone has a great week...and let's go Oakland!


8 comments:

  1. So much fun! My sister and brother-in-law were supposed to go up there for the fleet week but they didn't make it. Looks like you guys had a great and very busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend and the ice cream makes it even sweeter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! You and Corey are beaming in Happiness! How is the house search?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally LOLed at the starfish. Why? I have no clue but it cracked me up. Glad you had an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun time!! And I have to say that I'm so excited my Reds are killing those giants!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. looks like a great time!! the planes freak me out tho!

      Delete
  7. How fun! I love San Francisco! I didn't know they had an aquarium on the pier! We definitely need to go there the next time we go.

    And I still love you even though you're an A's fan ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!