Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: First Look Photos

So you're still coming back for more wedding photos huh? Glad to hear it because I love sharing them! This week's wedding post is full of some of my favorites pictures of the entire day - our first look photos. From the beginning, I was always set on doing a first look before the wedding so that we could have that special moment together, and so that we could enjoy the party after the ceremony and not keep our guests waiting. Corey was not sold on this idea. He was more in favor of the traditional approach of not seeing the bride until I walked down the aisle. I didn't have to do too much convincing, because for most of the wedding planning process, Corey let me call the shots, so he played a long. And at the end of it all, we were both so glad we did this!

My girls and I had finished taking our pictuers, so our photographer sent me back up to the suite to relax a bit, and she said she'd call me when it was time to come down for the first look. I will never forget how my heart skipped when the phone finally rang. "Hi Stephanie... Corey is waiting for you" were the words I heard and I instantly got choked up. It's hard to describe all the emotions I was feeling as I was walking down the hallway, down the elevator, and through the lobby. I've seen Corey a gazillion times, but this time would be different.  It's tough to put into words what it's like walking towards a man that has been your boyfriend and best friend for the last 10 years knowing that in minutes, he will become your husband for life. My heart was racing and I'm pretty sure I held my breath the entire time. I had no idea I would feel this way... it took me completely by surprise, but it was definitely a moment I will never, ever forget.
My handsome man waiting for me...
Here I come...
I give him a nervous tap on the shoulder... and he starts to turn...
I give him the "how do I look?" eyes and he gives me the "damn, girl!" eyes...
And he immediately grabs me for our first kiss of this amazing day...
Then of course I had to strut my stuff for a sec so he could see all the details :)
After our first look moment, Corey and I accompanied our photographer, Alison, on a nice walk around the resort and took some of my favorite pictures of the two of us.
Love these pictures, love that day, love this man.
 
Next week's Post:
The Ceremony
 
Hope everyone has a fun, safe and happy Halloween!
Do what I do... eat WAY too much candy and love every bite of it! Oh, and watch Hocus Pocus of course!
xo Steph

8 comments:

  1. Our first look was my favorite part of our wedding, so special! And it just made the rest of the day easier! LOVE your gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many new things now. I have never heard of "first look" pictures. You both looked so cute and we were so happy we could share your day with you.
    30 years ago when I got married, we just had pictures, not even any video.
    Happy life to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Corey looks so anxious to see you and these came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is the cutest post! My favorite part of weddings is when the groom sees the bride for the first time, and I love that you got to capture it in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious! You two make a beautiful couple, Steph! I love the first look idea :)

    Also, love the apple hill pics - you and your sisters are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWOON!!
    Corey looks like he's about to cry in the first photo. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh my goodness.... SO beautiful, every single picture. You guys make the most gorgeous couple Steph! Can totally see all the love in both of your faces in these :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!