Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Getting Ready

I am still without my Mac but am officially back to my wedding recaps. I seriously considered skipping this "getting ready" post so that we could get to the good part, but I simply couldn't bypass all the buildup that went in to the big moment. I want to remember exactly how I felt that day, and thanks to our wonderful photographer, Allison Stahl, I have some beautiful pictures to remind me.
When I woke up on my wedding day, I was surprisingly calm. My sisters and I were all laying in bed, talking and laughing for a bit before I headed off to my hair and makeup appointments. I actually surprised myself and went to the hair appointment alone. My mom and sisters all offered to go with me, but I figured this would be the only time I had to myself all day, and I was going to relax and enjoy it. I was able to tell my awesome hair dresser exactly how I wanted it without second guessing myself. I went to the makeup appointment with my sister, Pixie, because she knows makeup WAY better than I do! Thank God I had her with me to help decided the tone, color palette, etc. I love how everything turned out.
When I got back to our suite, we had meat & fruit trays, sodas, and snacks waiting for us (thanks Mrs. P!) so I scarfed down a couple sandwiches and some fruit since I knew I wouldn't be eating for a while. I was glad that we were all getting ready in the same place, at the same time, and  in those few hours with the girls, I was at ease.
Shawna, Pixie and Kari in a bridesmaid assembly line.
All ready to go, just waiting patiently to put my dress on.
My bride bag had all my essentials in it. Really came in handy!
My sister-in-law Kimberly getting dolled up.
Brendan and my dad looking so handsome in their suits.
Mom and my maid of honor and big sis helping me get into my dress.
The final zip of many zips and clips!
Shawna helping me with my sparkly shoes.
I recorded a quick (and very excited!) video message for my soon to be husband...
...and we were ready to go!
I wasn't quite sure how I'd feel on this day. Normally, my inner OCD organizer/planner/perfectionist would get the best of me and I'd have my hands in everything, but I trusted that I had the right people in place to turn my vision into reality. And my instincts were right.
 
Next Week:
The Wedding Party
 
Hope you are all having a fabulous week! Mine is busy but flying by :)
xo Steph

14 comments:

  1. Steph... SO GORGEOUS! I love that second photo. You are a beautiful bride... so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! :) That's so nice that you were calm your morning of! I am probably going to be a wreck. Not because of nerves, just excitement.

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and your dress are gorgeous! i love that last picture as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a beautiful, glowing bride. The look of pure happiness just radiates from your face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love that you took some time alone that's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read your article, I think this is very good! Simple language, concise blog! Another kind of style! I like.The blog article very surprised to me! Your writing is good. In this I learned a lot! Thank you.
      Kızlık zarı
      Genital estetik

      Delete
    2. This is such a cool blog, intersting articles and great pictures....
      well done Dave your a credit to bloggers!!
      Domain reseller
      cheapest domain reseller

      Delete
  6. great post!! your dress was gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your wedding looked beautiful!

    i just found you through sacramentobloggers.com :) i also live in sac and it's been fun seeing who some of the other local bloggers are!

    looking forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you looked absolutely stunning!

    your dress is amazing!

    i just love how happy you look in these pictures. gorgeous wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay..in that last photo, you look like a freakin' model! Your dress/hair/makeup was FLAWLESS! And these recaps make me feel like I was a part of your special day. Can't wait to see more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!