Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year, my Thanksgiving holiday was a four-day feast spent with my favorite people in the world.  And for the first time in my adult life, I didn't have to work on Thanksgiving, or even the days before or after it. It was amazing to be able to sit back and relax and just enjoy the company I was in. In fact, I was so relaxed, I barely took any pictures at all! So below is what I collected from various family members to piece together the long weekends' events.

My Thanksgiving weekend sort of reminded me of the movie "Four Christmases," but this was more like "Three Thanksgivings."  For the first time ever, I woke up on Thanksgiving morning and watched the Macy's day parade in my new own house. It made me excited and nostalgic all at once because I usually watch this with my mom and sisters. We started the day's festivities at my Uncle's beautiful house where all my sisters and their babies and significant others came at one point or another. Brendan and Johnny were the highlight of the party with everyone playing with and passing these little guys around.
Bryan and Shawna with little Johnny on his first Thanksgiving.
The one picture I took of the beautiful table that is blurry because I was holding a baby when I took it!

After a few hours and a full meal, Corey and I headed to his parents' house to have another feast with his family. With this being our first married Thanksgiving, it was important that we spent time with both families on this special day. So we dug in for round two at the Weglins! After dinner, we got to watch mine and Corey's wedding video for the first time with his family, and squeezed in a little hoola hooping...
The only picture I took at his house was this one of his dad and that jumpo hoola hoop!
Ruby resting and sun bathing in the car. She was exhausted from going from place to place!
 
At the end of the day, we were stuffed and full of so much love and thanks. After the amazing year we've had, we had a lot to be thankful for. The next morning, I headed to my parents' house for our yearly tradition of decorating the house for Christmas. I also squeezed in a little black Friday shopping before heading to my annual high school basketball alumni game. Normally I spend a couple weeks preparing for this game, but this year I didn't have the time so I went in cold and extremely out of shape. I did a lot better than I thought I would and we only lost by 2 points, so it was a good night. I always enjoy this game because I get to see some of my old high school buddies, and I get to play for my dad again, who coaches the alumni team. I say it every time, but next year we're gonna win!
 
On Saturday, Thanksgiving #3 was held at my parents' house. This was the first meal that all my sisters, all their boys, and all the babies were together in the same place at the same time this weekend. I love these times more than anything, because as we are getting older and getting our own houses, it gets more difficult to rally the troops. But my mom cooked the best meal and we all got to hang out and have a relaxing afternoon.
The girls!
The guys.
The babies! Brendan & Johnny.
Nellie, Pixie, Gramps and Momma in the kitchen.
Mom snuggling with her grandbaby.
 
It was such a nice weekend, I was sad to see it end. I spent each night decorating my own house, unpacking boxes and organizing all our stuff. It has been really fun puting together our new place and it's coming a long great! Pictures will be coming soon!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
xo Steph

7 comments:

  1. You are already moved into your home! That is so exciting and youwill have to post a tour! Also I am extremely jealous that you are wearing shorts and sitting outside for thanksgiving. Bring some warmth to NC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh we need a house update soon, so excited for you! I can see so much love within your family... I'm coming to visit, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post. Love your big, happy family. That baby cousin picture....I melt. SO CUTE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is just so precious- I feel like I know them all, haha!! I can't believe how big baby Brendan is getting already!

    CANNOT WAIT to hear all about your new home girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GRANDPA JAAAAAAACK! He looks awesome!!!

    Shawna looks freaking amazing btw! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your sisters are gorgeous!

    And you played basketball in high school?? That's awesome! You guys had a busy day...and I'm happy for you that you didn't have to work either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!