Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A Year for the Books

This time last year, I sat down and wrote a blog about the good feeling I had about 2012. I just felt it was going to be my year. As good as I believed it was going to be, it was more than I could ever imagine. I will never forget this year. Between getting married, finding a house, sisters having babies, and buying a puppy, it was by far, one of the best years of my life.

I kicked off the year with a bang, starting a brand new job in January and completely changing my life's career path. I left the studio of live sports television for the office and travels of the PR industry. It was scary and unfamiliar at first, but after landing one of the biggest athletes in the world as a client, I am able to continue pursuing my love of sports from a whole new angle. A year in, I'm more comfortable and confident than ever before, and am so thankful that I shifted directions when I did.

In February, I made my first work trip to the NBA All Star game in Orlando. I had nightmares for days leading up to it, and even had a minor panic attack the night before I left. I had never traveled and found my way around an unfamiliar place by myself, and I wasn't sure what to expect. But I found my footing and it was awesome!

March was a busy month, as we celebrated Corey's 27th birthday, Pixie's 22nd birthday, and Nellie's baby shower. We were all so anxious and excited to meet our first baby nephew, and the shower was amazing.

Baby Brendan finally arrived in April, and he quickly became the love of our lives. He made us wait 10 days past his due date, and we were all on edge the whole time. We never knew this little guy would take over our lives the way he has, and we love every single second of it!
Corey and I also went to our first Cold Play concert, and continued planning our late summer wedding.

In May, we celebrated many milestones including mine and Corey's 10 year anniversary, my mom's 48th birthday, and a big family trip to Lake Tahoe. Wedding planning, of course, continued!

June marked the beginning of our very long house-hunting process and I attended my first-ever blogger meetup. It was fun to meet some of the wonderful people I met through blogging over the course of a year!

The month of July was awesome. I celebrated my birthday with my 3rd annual jump house party and had my first bridal shower. The upcoming wedding finally started to feel real!
 
August was finally the month I waited for all year long... my wedding month! It started with my bachelorette party on Catalina Island, continued with my second bridal shower, and ended with mine and Corey's wedding. My wedding day was one of the very best days of my life and I will never forget any of it!

The year kept on rolling in September after we returned from our honeymoon with my big sister's baby shower as we awaited the arrival of nephew #2, little Johnny. My aunt also turned the big 5-0.

In October, Corey and I found the furry love of our lives, our puppy Ruby. We were knee-deep in house hunting and still without a house, but the moment we laid eyes on her, we knew she was the little girl we'd been waiting for all these years.
The day we brought her home.
Baby Ruby and her daddy.
More big moments followed in November as Shawna gave birth to my second nephew, Johnny, and Corey and I FINALLY found a house after months of searching! Everything was falling into place...
This December, we had a chance to sit back and take in everything wonderful that happened in our lives this year as we celebrated another memorable Christmas. My family keeps growing and growing, and with each addition, our love multiplies.
2012 is going to be a hard year to top. My life is SO much different after this year, in all good ways. So many things that I've always dreamed of came true and more. As I spend the evening with my closest family and friends ringing in the new year, I am very thankful for the year that was 2012.
It was definitely one for the books.
xo Steph

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had such a fun and fulfilling year!! You deserve every bit of happiness :)

    Cheers to 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your year was amazing! I hope 2013 is just as memorable!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun following your journey with 2012 and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for you and Corey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!