Thursday, December 20, 2012

Our New House.

It's the moment you've all been waiting for! I've finally had a chance to take pictures and put together this long-overdue post of our new house! It's been just over a month since we moved in, and it is still a work in progress, but we are really loving our cozy new home!

Our first family photo at the new house.
Note: we will be puting stucco on the house and painting it tan instead of the yucky blue!
 
After months and months of searching and visiting hundreds of houses, we finally found this one. It has been listed for 2 weeks and had no offers on it, which in the market we were dealing with, was RARE. In most cases, there would be several offers on a property the day it got listed, and dozens by the time a weekend passed. I think one of the factors that scared people away was that it had an old, shingle roof that was falling apart, and maybe people didn't have the energy to deal with that. Well, we looked right past that roof knowing we could take care of it, and as you can see in the picture, we ended up with a new roof before closing escrow!

Now, in no particular order, here are some quick iPhone pictures of the rest of the house....
Ruby hanging out in her usual spot in the front room.
When we moved in, the hardwood floors were much more pale and scratched up. Corey really impressed me by sanding and re-finishing the floor all by himself!
Before
After
The dining room/fireplace/kitchen.
The kitchen.
I love all the counter and cupboard space.
View from the other side of the room.
Note: the wall directly across the room from the kitchen counter is going to be cut in half and turned into a bar top so that you can see the TV from the kitchen.
The fireplace.
I am in love with this fireplace! In less than a week from now, the fire guys will be installing the insert so I can have a cozy fire burning in the evenings.
Guest bathroom.
Master Bedroom.
Still need to decorate in here, but I like that there is access to the backyard from here.
Ruby by the master shower.
She will actually walk right into the shower when someone is in there if you let her!
The Backyard.
This is one of our long-term projects. We will eventually re-surface the pool to have a darker bottom, and put new rocks and a waterfall around it. That will be a summer project!
Ruby hangin out in the front yard.

I have barely touched the guest bedrooms yet, and we are slowly working on upgrading all of our apartment furniture. As we make changes to the house, I will be sure to take before and after pics, so I can keep you posted throughout the process!
 
 
House hunting was a long and sometimes frustrating process for us, but like everyone said, we found the one that was meant for us! Corey and I enjoy working on things around the house and are excited for all the future milestones we'll celebrate here!
xo Steph
 
P.S. Thanks for being patient with my little blog while I try and get through these last couple of work days before a nice holiday break! Really looking forward to winding down for a few days!


12 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! I cannot wait to get our own house with more space for my babies and dog to play. so so exciting! Congratulations lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It is coming along so well! If you don't mind me asking, what city did you end up buying in? I'm from the Bay Area also and the husband and I are going to be buying our first place next year. Right now it's all about saving, saving, saving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks great! I am so happy for you guys:)

    What area did you end up buying in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this house! Congratulations; it is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO happy for you and the house is GORGEOUS!

    This is inspiration for me! My boyfriend and I are moving to AZ in less than a month and i am having trouble deciding on how to decorate and place things.

    XO Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your house--the fireplace, the wood floors, the counterspace in the kitchen, and the pool! happy home-making!
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
  7. yayayayayay!!!! i looooooove it and it IS the perfect house for you guys! i bet you are having so much fun decorating and getting all your wedding stuff out. a little delayed but definitely worth the wait :) i hope we can see it SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awe yeah! your house is beautiful, i love love the fireplace!
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a great house! that fireplace is AWESOME!!! so jealous of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking house! Good thing you guys have DIY skills. :D I believe you had a great time spending the holidays in your own house. Hope you’re all doing great there.

    - Justin Bill -

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s been 6 months since you moved into your new house and you’re still not done with your renovations? It looks like you’ve been having fun decorating and renovating your place, am I right? Anyway, congrats on doing a great job! Keep it up!

    -Lakisha Zimmerer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who wouldn’t love to decorate their new house? When we transferred to our new house, it took me almost a year before I finally finished all the renovations and redecorations. I enjoyed the whole process and I hope that you’ll enjoy it too.

    -Julio Oyola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!