Tuesday, December 4, 2012

So long, San Bruno.

Today was a surprisingly emotional day for me. It was the end of an era as I moved the last boxes and remaining items from mine and Corey's apartment in San Bruno. We had made apartment #302 our home for the past 2 years, and they were some of the best, busiest, and most memorable years of our lives. It was a small, one-bedroom apartment that doesn't look like much in pictures, but it was a place that Corey and I made our first home together, and it was always so cozy and full of love. It was the place we returned to as an engaged couple. I planned our wedding in that dining room. I got the call that my sister was pregnant when I was sitting out on that balcony. I did my phone interview for my new job in that bedroom. It was a place that will always be home to a small piece of our history, and will always have a small piece of my heart.
Our building at Skycrest Apartments, nestled up in the hills above San Francisco.
The street I drove up every day after a long day or night at work.
The apartment's pool that I never went in, but that I watched Corey swim in.
The view from our balcony where Corey and I used to watch baseball games and just hang out and talk on a sunny day.
An old picture of Corey cooking me breakfast in our little kitchen...
The empty kitchen as I left today.
Me today, puting on a happy face for my final picture in the apartment.
A very sad, blurry final photo of the front room.

Today I took it all in and took a brief moment to be sad, but there's nothing but happiness and excitment up ahead. Corey and I are slowly getting our new home in order, and I'll have a brief photo tour up this week. Today might have been the end of a chapter in our lives, but it was also the beginning of a very exciting time for my hubs and I. To be continued...
xo Steph

5 comments:

  1. I too was sad when we left our apartment! its something that will always be special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I completely understand all of this. We've moved so many times this year and each time it's just as hard! I found your blog through Siddathornton + I'm a new follower :) xoxo! eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. moving is tough, and very sentimental, but I'm sure you have a great new place!
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!