Sunday, January 27, 2013

One night in New York.

Man, have I been a bad blogger lately! Now that the past couple crazy weeks are over, I fully intend to get back to regular blogging. I've missed it!

A week ago, I had the opportunity to fly across the country on a work assignment for one of my new clients. I had never been to New York City, and it's been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. After a long day of working, we finally checked into our hotel at 6:30pm Eastern Time (which still felt like 3:30 for a West Coast girl!). With my co-workers exhausted from the long day and choosing to just order room service, I decided to make the most of my one night in New York. Who knows when I would be back again? It was the best decision I could have made, and I definitely took advantage of my limited time in the Big Apple!

When I hopped in the cab, I excitedly told the driver to please take me to Times Square! I casually mentioned that it was my first time in New York, and that I wanted to see as much as I possibly could in the next couple of hours. To my surprise, the guy actually offered to be my driver for the night and take me anywhere in the city I wanted to go. So I started checking off the bucket list left and right! First up was Times Square...

I had only seen Times Square on TV every New Year's Eve, and when I got there, the bright lights and pretty sites were even more amazing in real life. As I walked up and down the streets, I had the biggest smile on my face because I couldn't actually believe that I made it!
Heaven!
Such a tourist!
Where's Waldo? Haha. Now I can say I've been on a billboard in Times Square!

After quite a bit of walking, I stepped into a small pizza place for an authentic slice of New York pizza...
It took me a while to decide which one to try, but after some careful thought and consideration, I settled on a heavenly slice of "lasagna" pizza. It was unreal!

After a full meal, I called Junior, my driver, to pick me up and take me to our next stop, the Empire State building. I knew I wanted to see it that night, but I did not think I'd have time to go all the way to the top. But that's exactly what I did!
The view was amazing! It was such a thrilling experience, but one of my first thoughts when I looked out over the beautiful city was that I wished I could be seeing this with Corey and my family. They would all LOVE it! It was a little chilly up there, so after a few minutes, I called Junior and told him to take me to Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Radio City Music Hall, and out for some real desert! I ended up seeing Manhattan, parts of Jersey, the Bronx, and ended the night driving over the Brooklyn Bridge. It was such a cool experience, and I'm so glad I took advantage of my few hours in New York!

It was a little bittersweet finally making it to NYC and seeing everything I've always wanted to see by myself, but it was still so amazing. I will definitely be going back with my whole family someday!

4 comments:

  1. What a perfect first visit! I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tore up the town girl!!! You seriously saw all the 'big' stuff in just one night, I'm impressed! I've never been either, but would totally be doing all the tourist-y pics!

    Miss chatting with ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing I keep telling m we should go! He's never been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! How amazing! And also pretty cool that the same guy offered to drive you all night long! That is so awesome Steph!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!