Sunday, February 10, 2013

Honey, I'm home!

As I'm sitting here on Sunday night, watching the Grammys and snuggling with my pup by the fire, I am realizing how thankful I am to not be driving to San Francisco for work right now. It's been a drive I've been begrudgingly making every Sunday evening for the past several months since we bought our house. Sadly, I've been leaving my husband, our fur baby, and my family behind as I work in the Bay Area during the week, returning home each weekend. We've been doing that for so long that often times when people ask me "how's newlywed life going?" I hesitate before joking that I'd let them know when I experience it.

Well, I am SO happy to report that the time has finally come where I can live in the home my new husband and I have made and help raise our little miss Ruby. Once again I can do all the simple things I've missed so much like cooking dinner with my hubs, stopping by my parents house to say hi, taking my puppy for a walk, having mid-week dates with Pixie and Nellie (and kidnapping my nephew Brendan!), playing indoor soccer with my BFF, and watching The Bachelor on Monday nights with my Shawna, Bryan and Johnny. All the little things that may seem insignificant, but ones that I will never take for granted again. I know what it's like to live without them five days a week, and I never want to do that again!

Home is where my heart is. Corey and I still have several projects going on at the new house (more on these soon), and I couldn't be more excited to be home to see it all happen. What are we without the ones we love? Life is too short to work it away, so I am looking forward to restoring some of the work-life balance I've been missing.

No more commuting to the Bay Area. No more sleeping on my brother-in-law's couch (although Keith was the BEST host, cooking me dinner and turning on the heater for me every night!). No more only talking to Corey on the phone. No more missing my sisters and my parents and my nephews! No more not blogging for days and days!

My newlywed life starts now, and I am so excited for what's ahead! Just in time for the golden years...
P.S. Thank you all for your kind words about Corey. Every single test has come back perfectly healthy, and he is doing just fine. Just hoping we can get to the bottom of this!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! You finally get to be "married" and experience the life together that you've been waiting on for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that must be nice! I'm happy for you! Glad Corey is doing well! Where are you playing soccer at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neighbor,
    So happy that you can enjoy "newlywed bliss" and your new home.

    Love you, Kyle and Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you get to be at home with Corey now! I dated my (now) husband long distance for 18 months, so I have an idea of how that goes. Enjoy your time with him, and I am glad to hear Corey is doing well! Are you still working in SF?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy!! This post makes my heart so so happy for you and Corey! Cannot wait to see more about your house projects and more Ruby hopefully too, please ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!