Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another busy week in the books.

These past two months have absolutely flown by. That may very well be due to the insane schedule I've had at work and all the travel that goes with it, but I can't believe it's already almost June! It's been busy, but I have to remind myself to be thankful and take in every one of these experiences and adventures I've had over the course of my first year and a half in the PR industry. I never would have thought I'd be a part of so many cool events and see so many amazing places. Now that my travel will hopefully be slowing down a bit, I can see the silver lining to all those early mornings, long flights, and countless hours I spent working on events and media plans. 


This week, my work adventures took me on my first trip to Austin, Texas. I boarded Virgin America's inaugural flight from San Francisco to Austin, which was creatively themed "Business in the front, party in the back." Always gotta give Virgin America props for creativity in their branding!
Celebrities (and I use that term loosely here!) on this flight included Jenny Garth, Wilmer Valderama, Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port. While they were all very nice, unfortunately they didn't help much in the securing media department!
Hangin' with the former "The Hills" cast. 
Jenny Garth has still got it!

While I was in Austin, I was also busy working my blackberry for another account I've recently picked up, which is the new ownership group of the Sacramento Kings. After many years of bad, boring basketball, we now have owners that have passion, big ideas, and most importantly, a lot of money! I could not be more excited to be in the middle of this new era in Sacramento. 

Thursday night, the city of Sacramento celebrated its new owners and the fact that the team is staying in town with a "Long Live the Kings" rally. Past and present players joined the new ownership group, Mayor Kevin Johnson, and local Sacramento personalities for a fun family night in the park. My job of course, was to help manage the media, which included every single local TV affiliate in Sacramento, as well as countless radio stations, beat writers, and bloggers. And oh ya, a live national segment on ESPN's Sports Center. Overall, the night was a huge success on all fronts.
 Live Sports Center segment.
After surviving a busy week, I went home to take care of my girl Ruby who had surgery on Friday to get fixed, microchiped, and get her dew claws removed. Poor baby was so drugged up when I picked her up from the vet that she was walking into walls and banging her head on doors. Once we got home, we got cozy on the couch and watched a couple movies. For the first time in forever, I was in my pj's and ready for bed at 8pm on a Friday night. It was just what I needed!
Ruby all bandaged up. Such a trooper!

Both Ruby and I are still adjusting to Corey's new work schedule (did I mention he got an awesome new job?), but we are always happy on Saturdays when we know he's coming home! Ruby's ears go back and her eye brows perk up at the mere mention of her daddy. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend! I'm really looking forward to the extra day off!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously girl, I wish I was your assistant. You have such a fun job!! And I am so happy for the Sacramento Kings...that is HUGE for them to now have great owners.

    Poor Ruby :( I hope she has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she's home and healing!

    Congrats on the new job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!