Sunday, June 16, 2013

To my dad...

To be honest, it doesn't take a specially designated day, Father's Day, for me to remember to thank my dad and celebrate him for everything he's done and for everything he means to me. I think about this all the time. You see, my dad and I, we are cut from the same cloth. When I wake up tired in the morning because I tossed and turned, worrying about my sisters or all the things I need to do, I can bet my dad is doing the same. When I look in the mirror and loathe the bump in my nose, I can thank my dad for that Rosa nose. When I sneak out of bed in the middle of night to eat a Snickers or a scoop of ice cream, I definitely take after my dad. 

I may not know a lot of things, but I do know this: my dad is an amazing man. He supports my sisters and I in everything we do. He shows us tough love when he needs to, he shows us how to work hard, he shows us respect, he shows up. Always. If I had a million dollars, the first thing I would do is take care of him and my mom so they don't have to work anymore. My dad is always working. Sound familiar? I definitely got my work ethic from him!

I could go on for days about all the things my dad has taught me. But one thing I've learned for sure... I'm so lucky to call this guy my dad. 


One of my favorite pictures of my whole life. 
The Rosa nose. Thanks dad!
Dad and all his girls. 
World's best/coolest/most awesome parents. 
We make the best team!
My dad, and my hero, from day 1. 
Happy Father's Day dad! You are SO loved!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!