Friday, July 12, 2013

Zoo + Ice Cream with my Boys

I had the unexpected luxury of a day off work this week, and could have done many things I only dream of doing on a daily basis. Like sleep in. Or take a nap. Maybe even float in my pool on that comfy raft that has been calling my name for weeks. But instead, I spent it waiting in line at the Smog station and DMV, taking care of my car registration that I didn't even know was 3-months past due (long story, don't ask). So after an early morning filled with vehicle fumes, irritatingly long lines, and horribly unhappy DMV patrons and employees, you can imagine my excitement when I got a call from my big sis to see if I wanted to go to the zoo with Johnny and Brendan. It was all I needed to escape from reality for a couple hours...
These two boys absolutely melt my heart. Just being around them makes me so happy! I loved hearing Brendan say "Wooooooow" everytime we saw an animal, and listening to Johnny try to talk to them. Their little voices are the cutest things in the world, and I wish I could bottle them up and preserve them so I could listen to them forever. Ok, I admit, that was a little weird (#psychoauntie), but you get the idea!
The boys loved the giraffes!
And they didn't want to get out of the dump truck!
After a hot, fun afternoon at the zoo, we took the boys for some ice cream at Vic's. After giving these little guys some sugar, hilarity ensued as Johnny knocked over the water while Brendan poured the salt and pepper shakers into the spill, which inevitably soaked Shawna and I. Their eyes were so big and they were both on such a sugar high, Shawna and I could not stop laughing. It was the most fun I've had an ice cream shop maybe ever!
Let the crazy begin...
This picture cracks me up!
It was such an awesome day away from the office. It made me realize I need to get out more often!
Hope everyone had a great week! Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good Auntie :) Glad you get to spend so much time with those little cuties! Their sweet faces make everything better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!