Friday, August 2, 2013

Justin Timberlake & Jay-Z Concert

I'll start by admitting I really wanted to label this post with a fun, clever, attention-grabbing headline that I knew existed, but as I fumbled with awkward "Mr. JT and Mr. Jay-Z" references, I could feel the coolness being ripped from the post even before it began. But I digress. This past Friday night Corey and I made the quick drive to San Francisco to see Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z perform at Candlestick Park. I had never been to a stadium concert before, so I was blown away by the amount of people packed into one venue to see these guys. And they did not disappoint.
I'm not a huge rap fan, but Jay-Z played all of his good ones. One week later, I can still feel the base booming in my heart from "99 Problems" and I really loved the live version of "Empire State of Mind." I'm still walking around responding to every question I'm asked with a deep, Jay-Z-inspired "YUP." May not be my genre, but the man is good at what he does!
Oh Justin. I've always loved me some JT, but I managed to marry a man that may love him even more than I do! It's quite enjoyable to be able to blast Justin and old school N*SYNC in the car without my husband telling me to turn it off. Better yet, he is more likely to turn it up even more! So it's always fun to see Justin live with him. Corey had the biggest smile on his face the whole time during "Mirrors," which is Corey's new favorite. And no matter how many times we see him live, it never gets old. He has so many good songs, and he played almost every one of my favorites this time around.
Nick, Kari, Corey and I may not have had the best seats in the house, but it was still a darn good show!
I'll be rotating all three JT CD's in my car for the next month or so!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Envious you got to see them! Heard it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEALOUS! I would love to see them live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was thee best concert Ive ever been too, felt like I was on cloud 9!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!