Thursday, November 21, 2013

Johnny's 1st Birthday

I know I've said this many times, but I just cannot get over how fast time flies. Just the other day I was driving home from San Francisco like a crazy person in a rush to see my brand new nephew, Johnny Fontana. I still remember the night he was born like it was yesterday. I had missed the birth, but that meant I was wide awake when everyone else was exhausted from the long night they all endured. So I found myself alone, cradling sweet Johnny in my arms while his mommy and daddy finally got some sleep. I will never forget that night I spent in that quiet hospital room, cuddling and bonding (and snapping a few selfies!) with our new baby boy. I can't believe it's already been a year.
 My first night bonding with Johnny Fontana.

Fast forward to just a couple days ago when we celebrated Johnny's first birthday with a barnyard-themed bash. I had to miss a big chunk of the party to go celebrate my long-time friend's wedding in Lake Tahoe, so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but it was a huge celebration with all of Johnny's closest family and friends that love that little cutie so much!
Johnny and his proud parents.

 Johnny loved his barnyard cake!
His favorite cousin Brendan wouldn't miss Johnny's party for the world!

There was a sort of funny moment when everyone started singing 'Happy Birthday' to Johnny, and Brendan just collapsed in tears. He HATES when everyone's attention is on him, and clearly on his cousin too. Not sure if he thinks everyone is going to attack, but he is NOT a fan of the birthday song!

I've made it a little tradition for myself to make the boy's banners for their birthday parties. I made Brendan's monkey-themed one, so I was happy to make Johnny a barnyard-themed sign complete with a cow, chicken, horse, and a piggy. Since I didn't get there until dark, I had to take a picture with the birthday boy and what was left of the sign the next morning. Unfortunately, the bottom row fell victim to the sprinklers, but you get the idea!
These precious boys are growing up so fast... I just want time to slow down! There's nothing I love more than chasing these little rascals around, pushing them on their motorcycles, reading them books, and rocking them to sleep. I am so lucky to be their "Auntie Steeeeeee"!
xo Steph

2 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!