Monday, November 25, 2013

The calm before the crazy...

This time of year is my favorite... Thanksgiving with its amazing food and family time leads straight to Christmas and its cozy weather, bright lights, and festive music. As wonderful and lovey-dovey as it all is, it's also one of the most stressful times of year. In between jam-packed work days and travel, I do my best to squeeze in decorating, shopping, and wrapping with enough time left over to sit and enjoy the christmas lights for a couple of days. But this year, I am vowing to get things done early so I can really enjoy the holiday season

I had planned to start chipping away at my christmas shopping list last week, but in between a 24 hour trip to New York and back and less than 48 hours in Ohio, the days just got away from me. So now it's time to lock in and get to work!

That's why I'm calling these next few days the calm before the (holiday) crazy. I'll have a slightly lighter load at work this week, which will give me time to slowly start checking things off my personal to-do list. That way once Thanksgiving ends and the mad dash to Christmas begins, I won't be overcome with that inevitable holiday stress. 

So let's all sit back, relax, and enjoy the season. Otherwise it will be here and gone before you know it!

Hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving week! I will be soaking up as much time by the fireplace and at the dinner table with my family as humanly possible!

xo Steph


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. This is the busiest time at work for me so I know exactly how you feel! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Christmas will be my second one off in 11 years so I'm determined to enjoy it!! I hope you are able to enjoy the season!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!