Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner & Christmas Decor

Now that I am no longer in the live television business, I actually get holidays off. This is still a relatively new concept for me, so I feel like I have to take full advantage of these special occasions and hang on to them as if they'll be taken away from me at some point. So this long Thanksgiving weekend, I soaked up every second spent away from the office and off the computer and it was such a nice couple of days.

I spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house with all of my sisters and their guys, my mom and dad, my grams, and my aunt. Corey unfortunately had to work, but he got to watch a little bit of the football games and got a nice Thanksgiving meal, so he made the best of it - but I definitely missed having my big guy around. Back at the house, we ate my mom's amazing meal (she never disappoints!), had far too many pieces of pie, and watched Monsters University. We rarely watch movies as a family because we all always have so much going on, so this is always a rare treat. 
I had to post a picture of the pie selection, which featured a homemade pumpkin pie by Nellie and Ben, complete with Brendan's hand print as the turkey on it. It was so good!!
And I always love chasing these two little rascals around the house! But they are getting so big now that they can push each other around in their red car!

For the past several years, the day after Thanksgiving means two things for me: christmas decorations and my annual high school basketball alumni game. So after a day spent decorating, I laced up my old college kicks and headed to the gym like old times (even though the gym at St. Francis looked completely different back in the day when I played there). Before the game, we were told this might possibly be the last alumni game ever, so I was bound and determined to win one before I hung up my shoes for good. With my dad coaching our squad, we took the Varsity team to overtime and ended up losing by one point. It was a bummer, but pretty good for a bunch of out-of-shape old ladies! Despite the fact that I couldn't raise my right arm, bend my ring finger, or move my legs the next morning, it was a good game. 
On Saturday I proudly admit that I stayed in my PJ's All. Day. Long. No makeup, no shoes, no worries. It was glorious. I put the finishing touches on my Christmas decorations and called it a night after watching four Christmas movies in a row. I just barely stayed awake long enough to see Corey when he got home from work around midnight, but I was so excited to show him our Christmas decorations. I must say, they do make our house feel nice and cozy!
Now it's back to the grind for a couple jam-packed weeks before I get a little Christmas break. I have a lot to do and not a lot of time, so I am getting after it this week!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying the Christmas season!
xo Steph

1 comment:

  1. Loving your Christmas decorations!! So pretty!! We finally got our tree last night, now to decorate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I read every single one and they all mean so much to me!